Douglas Costa (49 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It really sucks that he is so unreliable, he’s clearly a good player that can add a lot to our attacking options.

Also at this point I don’t see who we’d be replacing him with. Hell we haven’t even signed a #9 yet and the new season is just around the corner. What to do?
His assist the other day was great. I think he had 2 actually. It is a shame such a talented player whose injuries screwed everything up.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Honestly I would just keep him for backup/rotation, I cant trust Berna at all, need backups for Kulusevski/dybala/ronaldo, and off the bench Costa is much more useful then nothing there at all.
But at least Bernie offers consistency with injuries. He is never injured. He might be poor but at least he is a fit body to throw on in an emergency. Costa's value is dropping..a lot, sell him now while we can. If we sold Bernie this year or next I think his value will remain relatively constant.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Stay healthy DC at least this season. Best opportunity for you to play top level soccer is in Turin. Have a great year and if you leave next season, Juve gets their 40 mil back. Win-win.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
But at least Bernie offers consistency with injuries. He is never injured. He might be poor but at least he is a fit body to throw on in an emergency. Costa's value is dropping..a lot, sell him now while we can. If we sold Bernie this year or next I think his value will remain relatively constant.
I don’t see a problem with selling Douglas but I see a problem doing it without a decent replacement. Look at the squad and you’ll see we‘re lacking sub options for attackers. He’s unreliable but useful while Berna adds absolutely nothing. I’d honestly rather have some primavera kids if It’s a matter of just having a “fit body to throw on in”.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ronaldo, Kulu, Dybala, Berna and Pjaca. This is all the attackers we have if this guy leaves. Berna is dead weight, We don’t know what to expect from Kulu and Pjaca. I mean we can barely field a 3 man attack what happens if anyone gets injured? Where’s our #9?
Rumor is Pirlo will use Bernie as a wingback. Pjaca will be loaned to Verona or Genoa.

I think it will be Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulu, Kean, & Dzeko.

Costa out.
Bernie moved back to wingback and pushed to attack in emergencies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Rumor is Pirlo will use Bernie as a wingback. Pjaca will be loaned to Verona or Genoa.

I think it will be Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulu, Kean, & Dzeko.

Costa out.
Bernie moved back to wingback and pushed to attack in emergencies.
Then a 3 men attack is out of the question I guess. I trust Pirlo though.

Wait, so Berna will be responsible for defending as well as attacking? :lol: this will be funny to watch

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Then a 3 men attack is out of the question I guess. I trust Pirlo though.

Wait, so Berna will be responsible for defending as well as attacking? :lol: this will be funny to watch
Pirlo's thesis is all about pressing and winning the ball back. I think that's why Bernie will be dropped back because he has a lot of hustle to him which is one of his few strengths.

Now we know why he went all in for McKennie.

Jun 16, 2020
Honestly I would just keep him for backup/rotation, I cant trust Berna at all, need backups for Kulusevski/dybala/ronaldo, and off the bench Costa is much more useful then nothing there at all.
I wish that he was a little less injury prone. Love the player tho, so yeah I’d rather plusvalenza Ramsey or Danilo.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Couldn't have said it better, it's obvious we are not being linked to any wingers or pacey attackers so letting him go now for peanuts would make little sense, off the bench he is an asset to have, whether he can even stay fit enough to play that role is a big question mark ofc but i think if we put everything in balance he might just well be worth the risk afterall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)