Douglas Costa (62 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When is the last time Juventus had a good winger?
Answer: Pavel Nedved & Mauro Camoranesi

Juan Cuadrado honourable mention.

Mario Mandzukic kind of played as a defensive winger or wide target man.

Milos Krasic
Simone Pepe
Marcelo Estigarribia
Sebastian Giovinco
Emmanuele Giaccherini
Eljero Elia
Roberto Pereyra
Marko Pjaca
Douglas Costa
Federico Bernardeschi

are-you-not-entertained.gif

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
That's where he starts out but he plays as a forward.
But if you look at all the goalscoring wingers from the couple years back in Robben, Ribery etc. to the current ones in Salah, Sterling, Manem Mbappe, Hazard etc they all ended up being in the box, when they scored a goal. Robben had that his trademark cutting inside type of thing, Salah is often seen in the box, Sterling plays secondary striker at the times, Mbappe as well. That's just how the game evolves, there ain't just "wingers" anymore, you're required to score from the wings as well and you ain't doing it from the corner flag, you need to get into better scoring positions and that's what Ronaldo does as well.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Answer: Pavel Nedved & Mauro Camoranesi

Juan Cuadrado honourable mention.

Mario Mandzukic kind of played as a defensive winger or wide target man.

Milos Krasic
Simone Pepe
Marcelo Estigarribia
Sebastian Giovinco
Emmanuele Giaccherini
Eljero Elia
Roberto Pereyra
Marko Pjaca
Douglas Costa
Federico Bernardeschi

are-you-not-entertained.gif
Thanks, I couldn’t remember any incredible wing players besides nedved and camo. wasn’t sure if someone had slipped through the cracks

Watching today’s match it was pretty clear that the attack would benefit from better wide play, especially if sarri insists on those quick 1,2s in the final third

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
But if you look at all the goalscoring wingers from the couple years back in Robben, Ribery etc. to the current ones in Salah, Sterling, Manem Mbappe, Hazard etc they all ended up being in the box, when they scored a goal. Robben had that his trademark cutting inside type of thing, Salah is often seen in the box, Sterling plays secondary striker at the times, Mbappe as well. That's just how the game evolves, there ain't just "wingers" anymore, you're required to score from the wings as well and you ain't doing it from the corner flag, you need to get into better scoring positions and that's what Ronaldo does as well.
Sure, I agree

check my response to Jay to see what I was getting at

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)