Douglas Costa (89 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Higuain also already prevented us from signing 2 better strikers in the last 6 months with his presence alone (Cavani, Haaland).
What has Cavani done in the last 7 years other than score 138 goals in the farmer’s league, and get knocked out of the UCL in the Ro16 or QF every season?

I can understand the sentiment with Haaland because he’s still very young, but Cavani is even older than Higuain himself.

What’s up with your Cavani fetish anyway?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
What has Cavani done in the last 7 years other than score 138 goals in the farmer’s league, and get knocked out of the UCL in the Ro16 or QF every season?

I can understand the sentiment with Haaland because he’s still very young, but Cavani is even older than Higuain himself.

What’s up with your Cavani fetish anyway?
WC strikers score wherever they are. Nicknames like 'farmer's league' are for kids trying to degrade someone without real arguments. He's scored in Serie A, in CL, for Uruguay in qualis and big competitions and in League 1. If healthy he'll score wherever he goes next. Only Messi, CR and Lewa have scored more goals than him in all competitions this decade. And Lewa took him over while he was injured this season. And Cavani played at least 2-3 years as a winger.

He's 10 months older in numbers and about 10 years younger in terms of professionalism, work rate and physical shape. His contract is expiring and we need a striker with or without Higuain.

No fetish, I just appreciate true WC players. Cavani is quite literally the embodiment of a stile Juve player + he'd fit perfectly with CR and Dybala offensively and defensively.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
WC strikers score wherever they are. Nicknames like 'farmer's league' are for kids trying to degrade someone without real arguments. He's scored in Serie A, in CL, for Uruguay in qualis and big competitions and in League 1. If healthy he'll score wherever he goes next. Only Messi, CR and Lewa have scored more goals than him in all competitions this decade. And Lewa took him over while he was injured this season. And Cavani played at least 2-3 years as a winger.

He's 10 months older in numbers and about 10 years younger in terms of professionalism, work rate and physical shape. His contract is expiring and we need a striker with or without Higuain.

No fetish, I just appreciate true WC players. Cavani is quite literally the embodiment of a stile Juve player + he'd fit perfectly with CR and Dybala offensively and defensively.
Cavani is so 5 years ago.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Would be nice to see him get a chance when we aren't chasing a game.

Of course he is going to try tricks constantly and often fail when we are trailing, teams get behind the ball and we lose our heads. I'd like to see him start for a change.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Would be nice to see him get a chance when we aren't chasing a game.

Of course he is going to try tricks constantly and often fail when we are trailing, teams get behind the ball and we lose our heads. I'd like to see him start for a change.
You'll get your wish on monday in a scudetto showdown. All or nothing for DC. If he disappoints or gets injured, he's done. Only a game and scudetto winning performance should save his ass from being shipped elsewhere.

We'd be better off selling him and getting another young promising winger anyway.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You'll get your wish on monday in a scudetto showdown. All or nothing for DC. If he disappoints or gets injured, he's done. Only a game and scudetto winning performance should save his ass from being shipped elsewhere.

We'd be better off selling him and getting another young promising winger anyway.
While I do not necessarily disagree with your sentiment, I'd definitely get rid of that useless Italian turd Bertha before even contemplating ditching Costa.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
This Kulu player. Is he really that good? I see a lot of excitement about him but haven’t seen much of him play. Will he honestly display a higher level of performance than the Costa’s & Bernardeschis?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
This Kulu player. Is he really that good? I see a lot of excitement about him but haven’t seen much of him play. Will he honestly display a higher level of performance than the Costa’s & Bernardeschis?
Kulu has been one of the best young players this season.

We paid around 40 million for him.

He’s left footed.

He’s from a midtable Serie A team

He will either become the new Dybala or the new Bernardeschi. No in between.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Thought he had a good game. Far rather him than Bernardeschi.

One of the few in our squad willing to open teams up with a through pass or dribble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)