Douglas Costa (70 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Said it a few times already this season...if he stays fit this guy completely changes our attack. He is a much needed boost for providing for the other attackers.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Look at their favorite player, Khedira.
citation needed

My favourite player is Dybi. I never wanted Khedira signed and wanted him replaced every summer. But if your boy Costa, the attacking prodigy, can't outscore a geriatric CM maybe you should consider that the germans were right, as always. The love in here for Costa is more irrational than anything I have ever seen. That's like being obsessed with a Lemina or Bobby Pereyra. Have you all gone mental?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2016
citation needed

My favourite player is Dybi. I never wanted Khedira signed and wanted him gone every summer. But if your boy Costa, the attacking prodigy, can't outscore a geriatric CM maybe you should consider that the germans were right, as always. The love in here for Costa is more irrational than anything I have ever seen. That's like being obsessed with a Lemina or Bobby Pereyra. Have you all gone mental?
He has been unfortunate with injures. But every time he has played he had a solid 7 game.

His job isn't scoring, more like creating space for other teammates and take the pressure off from our defence when getting pressed. Last year he had 10 assists while injured and that's not bad at all.

I would have accepted your pessimism against Costa if injury ruined his quality. But that's not true.

I remember teams didn't want Robben in their lineup because he was too injury peone.
Bayern trusted him even though he was injured most of the time but he finally delivered CL for them.
I have the same feelings about Costa, he can be a real game changer for us in UCL this year.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
You only need to have eyeballs connected to a functioning brain to understand what makes Costa a good player.

His speed, technical ability, close control, ability to create space for others, etc... invaluable assets. He is a unique talent, no one else in our squad can do what he does.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He has been unfortunate with injures. But every time he has played he had a solid 7 game.

His job isn't scoring, more like creating space for other teammates and take the pressure off from our defence when getting pressed. Last year he had 10 assists while injured and that's not bad at all.

I would have accepted your pessimism against Costa if injury ruined his quality. But that's not true.

I remember teams didn't want Robben in their lineup because he was too injury peone.
Bayern trusted him even though he was injured most of the time but he finally delivered CL for them.
I have the same feelings about Costa, he can be a real game changer for us in UCL this year.
wat? Why are you making things up?

Costa had 0 assists last year. 1 goal - 0 assists in 970 minutes in all comps.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/68889/History/Douglas-Costa

https://www.transfermarkt.us/douglas-costa/leistungsdaten/spieler/75615/plus/0?saison=2018

Kindly show me the 10 assists? He wasn’t a solid 7 every game, he was awful after the spitting incident last year...

I still like Costa because he was absolutely brilliant in the second half of 17-18, one of our best performers, and electric to watch. I loved our signing him when it happened. And it’s great to see him starting to perform again this year on the rare occasion he’s fit, but there’s no need to make things up or downplay how awful his season was last year.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2016
wat? Why are you making things up?

Costa had 0 assists last year. 1 goal - 0 assists in 970 minutes in all comps.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/68889/History/Douglas-Costa

https://www.transfermarkt.us/douglas-costa/leistungsdaten/spieler/75615/plus/0?saison=2018

Kindly show me the 10 assists? He wasn’t a solid 7 every game, he was awful after the spitting incident last year...

I still like Costa because he was absolutely brilliant in the second half of 17-18, one of our best performers, and electric to watch. I loved our signing him when it happened. And it’s great to see him starting to perform again this year on the rare occasion he’s fit, but there’s no need to make things up or downplay how awful his season was last year.
I meant his first season here, 2 years ago. Where he had 13 assists and was one of our top 3 performer that year.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I meant his first season here, 2 years ago. Where he had 13 assists and was one of our top 3 performer that year.
:tup:

Strange way to word it, bro. You said he had 10 assists last year while injured.

But I agree with you about him in 17-18. He was a monster. I hope he can get back to that (including being that healthy). We would have played CL final again that year, and quite likely won if not for that stupid injury time penalty in a game in which we were destroying Madrid. Higuain, Costa, Mandzukic, Pjanic were all in fantastic form, and Dybala, while not very consistent later on that year, had some incredible matches.

If Costa can get healthy and in form for the knockouts and Dybala stays in such good form, we shall have a damn good shot at it this year too with those guys supporting the GOAT

Jan 22, 2016
:tup:

Strange way to word it, bro. You said he had 10 assists last year while injured.

But I agree with you about him in 17-18. He was a monster. I hope he can get back to that (including being that healthy). We would have played CL final again that year, and quite likely won if not for that stupid injury time penalty in a game in which we were destroying Madrid. Higuain, Costa, Mandzukic, Pjanic were all in fantastic form, and Dybala, while not very consistent later on that year, had some incredible matches.

If Costa can get healthy and in form for the knockouts and Dybala stays in such good form, we shall have a damn good shot at it this year too with those guys supporting the GOAT
Sorry. It was 3 Am in the morning here when i wrote that post, My mind completely mixed last 2 seasons together.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I simply cant get excited about costa, because everytime he gets injured.

So no point in wishing him to explode or whatever, when the truth is that his body is flawed. We cant count on him when we need him the most basically.

So much talent...

Its so sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)