Douglas Costa (46 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He spent the whole summer getting himself in top condition for this season and still ended up injured doing a simple move on the pitch in not too hopefull of him staying fit for crucial games but I am aware that he is possibly our best player bar Ronaldo when on form.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Do you guys think the €40mil for him were worth it? What about Berna?
@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor @Cerval @il brutto @Post Ironic @zizinho @s4tch

Looks like we missed the opportunity to sell DC to Utd for 40m.

But I noticed you don't think Berna is a WC winger and much better than DC anymore. So, what changed?

- - - Updated - - -

Hope he manages to stay fit for a while because I swear he hasn't played 5 games in a row since 2018.
I really hope he manages to remain injury free for last three months of the season.

Are these injuries a new thing (there's hope it's bad luck & he isn't injury prone then), or was he oft injured before last season?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
I still think they're both class, and that maybe Berna has a higher ceiling whilst DC seems a bit too one-dimensional. But I like both, was just curious what you guys think.
Some of Costa's technical qualities are world-class as are some of his physical qualities like agility and pace. When on form he's right there with the best wingers in the world. His problems are that he hasn't been able to showcase those qualities on consistent enough basis and his end product isn't quite there with the best of them.

Berna too has some good physical qualities, but really seems to struggle with his decision making at the moment. I feel there is a player there that could score a decent amount of goals, but it just isn't happening for him at the moment. Berna is weird player in the sense that no one quite seems to know what his best position is.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment on their potential. Costa's best form is better than what Berna has been able to showcase thus far in his career imo.

Jan 22, 2016
That injury was just a big unfortunate. The grass of Artemio Franchi fucked him up. He tripped a bit and damaged his hamstring.

Hopefully he will be on form once coming back. He could be our most dangerous weapon in Europe if ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)