Douglas Costa (22 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Would make more sense to compare his goals/assists when he gets a regular run of games.

Pretty harsh to judge and compare stats for a guy who is coming on for the odd 25 mins when we are already ahead and we tighten up.

When he has played he has created chances e.g. he played Ronaldo in superbly v Young Boys, set up Khedira yesterday and had a big part in Kean's goal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What's your point? I'm pretty sure you took my post out of context
He took Zizinho and EdgarDavids out of context too. Neither said we should outright sell Dougie C without qualifiers attached. EdgarDavids said he doesn't agree that selling Cuads for 15m is a better deal than selling Costa for 60m. And Zizinho said that if we are to stick with Dybala he's expendable. Neither says we should sell him from what I can see.

- - - Updated - - -

He also thinks: Emre Can > Pjanic
:lol3:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Would make more sense to compare his goals/assists when he gets a regular run of games.

Pretty harsh to judge and compare stats for a guy who is coming on for the odd 25 mins when we are already ahead and we tighten up.

When he has played he has created chances e.g. he played Ronaldo in superbly v Young Boys, set up Khedira yesterday and had a big part in Kean's goal.
And who's fault is it he hasn't had a regular run of games? He played in the first 4 matches of the year, 161 minutes, and didn't do much in them. Then went full retard in one of the most absurd displays I have seen in a match in years. Got himself suspended for 4 matches (lucky as heck it wasn't a lot more), and has looked a shadow of last year since.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He never was as good as people here were saying last season and certainly he's not as bad as somes are saying right now... Today he did some little steps in the right direction IMO
That's bs did you watch Juve last season he was our most dangerous attacker. The difference between Juve with him on and Juve with him off was substantial.

You can say you haven't been impressed with his small amount of time this season but when he has had a run of games here he has excelled.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He has 0 assists according to Lega Serie A. Transfermarkt gives out assists for shots that create rebounds, penalties won, etc. Assists are only given by Lega Serie A for voluntary passes that result in a goal.

I think I'll take their definition and not transfermarkt.

SO, as a minor correction, this year Dougie C has 0 assists in 632 minutes.

And last season he had 6 goals - 13 assists in all comps. 1 of the transfermarkt Serie A assists didn't qualify as the standard for an assist.

Whoscored uses the Lega Serie A numbers.
So this is why Pjanic padded those stats all these years. Not even winning a penalty should be acknowledged. Just the guy who shoots it in the net.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So this is why Pjanic padded those stats all these years. Not even winning a penalty should be acknowledged. Just the guy who shoots it in the net.
Wat?

Assists have to be purposeful passes/crosses/etc that are put into the net. Pjanic has had tons of those the last two seasons here, in large part because his free kick and corner delivery created a ton of chances for us.

Only 2 assists this year in the league thus far which is disappointing. His delivery has been very poor.

I’m not sure why you seem so desperate to make out that Costa has been decent this year. He’s been incredibly poor, just like Pjanic, just like Bonucci.

I do believe he has incredibly high upside though, and would love to see him get back to his best, as it would benefit this club immensely over the next 5 months.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
And who's fault is it he hasn't had a regular run of games? He played in the first 4 matches of the year, 161 minutes, and didn't do much in them. Then went full retard in one of the most absurd displays I have seen in a match in years. Got himself suspended for 4 matches (lucky as heck it wasn't a lot more), and has looked a shadow of last year since.
Of course it is his fault 100%, but it is hardly a fair comparison to compare his stats when he can't get in the team and has been in/out to his regular starts last season.

I think he has shown glimpses of what he can do and can contribute if he gets a run of games.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
That's bs did you watch Juve last season he was our most dangerous attacker. The difference between Juve with him on and Juve with him off was substantial.

You can say you haven't been impressed with his small amount of time this season but when he has had a run of games here he has excelled.
He did great for a short period last season and that was it, if u wanna make It bigger than It was, be my guess. I can give u that our only game changer players last season were Paulo and DC but that was also related to AS bad form.

This season we have CR7, Cancelo, AS, Paulo and Berna (at the beginning) so DC needs to do a lot more if he wants more playing time

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Wat?

Assists have to be purposeful passes/crosses/etc that are put into the net. Pjanic has had tons of those the last two seasons here, in large part because his free kick and corner delivery created a ton of chances for us.

Only 2 assists this year in the league thus far which is disappointing. His delivery has been very poor.

I’m not sure why you seem so desperate to make out that Costa has been decent this year. He’s been incredibly poor, just like Pjanic, just like Bonucci.

I do believe he has incredibly high upside though, and would love to see him get back to his best, as it would benefit this club immensely over the next 5 months.
Ya it was just a joke pertaining to the age old board meme that Pjanic stat pads by shooting PKs in the past. I said he was right all along to shoot them without guilt because even winning a PK isn't acknowledged anywhere (when obviously it should be an assist - without it the PK is not possible. This is certainly logical).

But anyways Costa is fucked with his goals + assists if he has to come take the ball off MDS in his own half and dribble through multiple players. I wish he could be in more selfish positions like on Kean's goal where he was actually the furthest player up the pitch. But that would require some sort of midfield to bring the ball up the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)