Douglas Costa (25 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A hefty fine.

LOL. Sure. A guy who earns millions will have it difficult to buy a chewing gum.
The club should punish him more than whatever the league slaps him with IMO. Gotta set the example. We never let Roma or Totti get away with what Totti did to Poulsen, now we have the amazing luxury of having a player that did what we have made fun of for years.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Hmmm, 3 games for spitting on an annoying provoking fugly Serie A player...It's worth it :agree:
Let's hope Bonnuci slaps some Inter's or Milan's players for 3 games. I don't mind vomiting or pissing on Icardi/Donnaruma. Phew, for 3 games it's a good business.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The club should punish him more than whatever the league slaps him with IMO. Gotta set the example. We never let Roma or Totti get away with what Totti did to Poulsen, now we have the amazing luxury of having a player that did what we have made fun of for years.
Without a doubt. He's not going to feel that fine that's coming from FIGC.

It's a very stupid thing. Hopefully it won't affect his motivation if we bitchslap him 'bout it. He certainly deserves to be punished by the club, but then again, he's so vital for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He is vital to us, sure, which is exactly why he needs to understand what he did to the club and his team.

Him sitting out for an extended period is a boost for Dybala who needs to take advantage of any game time he gets during that ban.

In any case, Costa said something (if you believe Calciomercato lol) that is along the lines of "you don't know what he said to me"...so, has anyone else reported that after he made his apology?

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
So what's the conclusion.

If you have decided to spit on a player - start spitting all over the place and you'll get 3 games ban only.

If you decide to elbow or headbutt a player - do this only to receive only 3 games ban.

Don't mix things, cause you'll get a bigger punishment.

Let's hope DC will get a discount (like WS teleshop discount - you order 3 - we give you one for free) and he'll be punished with 5 games. :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
3 is fine on first offense. If it starts becoming repeat offenses, then it should grow. Suarez only got the large ban for the bite because it was his third time, and it was on the biggest stage possible.
Doesn't matter the stage size. Disgusting behavior is disgusting behavior. If you punish less on the smaller stage more people will try to get away with bad behavior if they know that the penalty will be smaller. Suarez was essentially able to get away with that stuff too often.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Would you actually prefer he didnt apologize?

You can be sure that DC and Juve will handle this the best way possible. If he posted anytjing it would of been with the backing of the club.
No, ofc he's going to apologize. But he can't go around on instagram saying it's only because he has to, beats the entire purpose, and it won't help his case with the disciplinary committee at the Italian FA.

Juve certainly didn't approve of his comment on Instagram.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I honestly hope he doesn't get away with a "slap on the wrist" kind of ban. It's funny how the rest of the Serie A losers expect a short ban that very well fits their narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He went gonzo. I don't think three is enough. Especially for someone who committed three red card offenses in one match (which invalidates the "first time offender" thinking). I think 5 would be fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)