Douglas Costa (65 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Football Italia

Douglas Costa could miss the rest of Brazil’s World Cup campaign as the Juventus winger reportedly faces three weeks out.

ANSA cites reports in the Russian Press, which suggest Costa’s thigh injury could rule him out of the rest of the tournament.

It is claimed the former Bayern Munich ace felt a twinge during his second-half appearance against Costa Rica but carried on playing, even assisting Neymar for Brazil’s second goal in a 2-0 win.

Selecao boss Tite has since confirmed that the 27-year-old will not feature in the nation’s final group game against Serbia on Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

3 weeks out? Plenty of vacation to be ready for preseason :baus:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I didnt understand why he and Firmino are benched to Coutinho and Paulinho - The former 2 are way better than the later..
Anyway I believe Brazil will draw Serbia what will make them go through with 5 pts (Switzerland will win too to go on 5 pts)
Serbia will go home with 4 pts and we can continue talks with SMS...

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Is this confirmed that he is out? I still see him uploading normal stuff on his IG as if theres not a serious injury.. I guess we will see soon enough.. I really think Brazil need him if they are to go to semis..

The Donkey

Dec 7, 2017
Is be back for round of 16?
Was training with the group today but is out of the game against Mexico. According to the medical staff if Brazil qualify to the next round, he will be available.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt understand why he and Firmino are benched to Coutinho and Paulinho - The former 2 are way better than the later..
Anyway I believe Brazil will draw Serbia what will make them go through with 5 pts (Switzerland will win too to go on 5 pts)
Serbia will go home with 4 pts and we can continue talks with SMS...
Douglas Costa is not better than Coutinho.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Was training with the group today but is out of the game against Mexico. According to the medical staff if Brazil qualify to the next round, he will be available.

- - - Updated - - -

Douglas Costa is not better than Coutinho.
Any sources or quotes from medical report? I read that he’s still hopeful to make Mexico game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Brainless resumes training
By Football Italia staff

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has been given the all-clear to resume training and continue Brazil’s World Cup campaign.

His participation had been in doubt after a thigh problem during the group game against Costa Rica, missing clashes with Serbia and Mexico.

Today he passed medical tests and was allowed to resume training with his teammates.

There were concerns Douglas Costa could be ruled out for the rest of the tournament.

However, he could now be ready to take part in the quarter-final against Belgium.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Brainless resumes training
By Football Italia staff

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has been given the all-clear to resume training and continue Brazil’s World Cup campaign.

His participation had been in doubt after a thigh problem during the group game against Costa Rica, missing clashes with Serbia and Mexico.

Today he passed medical tests and was allowed to resume training with his teammates.

There were concerns Douglas Costa could be ruled out for the rest of the tournament.

However, he could now be ready to take part in the quarter-final against Belgium.
@Mark Please infract.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Mark Please infract.
That’s a reference to one of our finest members in Tuz that remains unconvinced by our best winger. When you leave the forum for that long you start losing track of the hidden nuances. :p

But I’m glad you caught it. :cookie:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)