Douglas Costa (17 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Needs consistent playing time in a settled team so he can gel and learn how players work. That is our biggest weakness this season...allegri doesnt have the team settled and so much changes week to week. Newbies come in and look lost. In fact players who have been here for years look lost. This squad is nowhere near settled.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Douglas Costa isn't a dumb player, he actually makes smart decisions, obviously doesn't always get it right, but from what I've seen from him he's a smart player who creates many chances. Some people seem to stereotype players that are fast and tricky as not smart or low IQ, just because they're fast and tricky.
He is not a smart player, but he is also not a headless chicken as some idiots on this forum rants about. Sure he will have the occasional brainfart and WTF moment, but he is also cabable of doing absolute brilliant things.
He is never going to be on the shortlist of candidates for the ballon d'or, but in a specific role he can be WC. I struggle to see anybody who is as explosive as him, and he is one of the very best in 1on1 situations, meaning he can go past his marker, and create unbalance and bad matchups for the opponents as very few players are cabable of. He is the kind of player, who will be invaluable for us if we can get the best out of him.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Douglas Costa isn't a dumb player, he actually makes smart decisions, obviously doesn't always get it right, but from what I've seen from him he's a smart player who creates many chances. Some people seem to stereotype players that are fast and tricky as not smart or low IQ, just because they're fast and tricky.
@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
I wanted to reply to what he wrote but decided to just let it go. Douglas Costa a smart player, maybe if you smoked some strong stuff just before kick off

Douglas Costa is = run to the line, kick the ball hard into the box, do some skillfull tricks here and there without any end product to those tricks and repeat it again and again. At least thats how his last 18 months in Bayern was like. Dont know how he is doing in Juventus

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I thought he would be way more headless than he is. Also his crossing is very good. But he's extremely one footed and like 99% of one footed players, they look borderline retarded sometimes because they can't perform basic functions with the weak foot and people think they just don't see the move or can't think of something, but really they are physically incapable of performing it.

Feels like we have too many of those nowadays.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I thought he would be way more headless than he is. Also his crossing is very good. But he's extremely one footed and like 99% of one footed players, they look borderline retarded sometimes because they can't perform basic functions with the weak foot and people think they just don't see the move or can't think of something, but really they are physically incapable of performing it.

Feels like we have too many of those nowadays.
thats what you get for buying bunch of lefties

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
His decision making and football IQ is clearly above Cuadrado, a player that so many on here passionately defend.
Cuadrado's best position is wingback. He's closer to Alex Sandro than Costa, really.

We've enjoyed a lot of success with Cuadrado and his defensive contributions so it's natural that some of us give him more leeway. He also has a shit ton of game deciding moments on his resume.

Yes, we all know Cuadrado is prone to the occasional brain aneurysm on the field.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yesterday an Italian newspaper(dagospia) claimed there was a fight between our new players and some old guard and DCosta supposedly said that he wants out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)