Douglas Costa (75 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He is getting the chances and still showing very little. For a guy with so much technique and pace he should be doing far more, especially in games like today.

The intelligence he shows on the pitch is worrying. He makes very little effort to move into space, despite being the fastest player on the pitch he can't seem to sprint for 10 yards without the ball to get away from the defender. When he does get the ball more often than not he does a little trick that ends up going nowhere and slowing down the move, allowing the defense to get back in position.

When defending, he neither presses or sits back and ends up getting caught in no-man's land. You can see Higuain asking him to press but he is standing next to Alex Sandro.

He has all the ability to be a success. I'd like to see him just keep it simple and get the ball, go outside the RB and cross the ball in. He hardly ever does that, but it is dangerous when he does.

Cuadrado improved a lot tactically with us, Costa needs to do the same.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He is getting the chances and still showing very little. For a guy with so much technique and pace he should be doing far more, especially in games like today.

The intelligence he shows on the pitch is worrying. He makes very little effort to move into space, despite being the fastest player on the pitch he can't seem to sprint for 10 yards without the ball to get away from the defender. When he does get the ball more often than not he does a little trick that ends up going nowhere and slowing down the move, allowing the defense to get back in position.

When defending, he neither presses or sits back and ends up getting caught in no-man's land. You can see Higuain asking him to press but he is standing next to Alex Sandro.

He has all the ability to be a success. I'd like to see him just keep it simple and get the ball, go outside the RB and cross the ball in. He hardly ever does that, but it is dangerous when he does.

Cuadrado improved a lot tactically with us, Costa needs to do the same.
I agree, Allegri is giving him lots of chances (obviously with that price tag), probably more than he'd deserve with his performances on the pitch. He should thank God Conte is not here, he'd bench him like he did with Elia

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I was one of his doubters but I must admit he has impressed me so far. It goes without saying that he still has a lot to prove.

If only he'd scored against Benevento :tuttosport: one of his shots was really sexy.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
He's a really talented player, as you can see with his glimpses. The only thing is he needs to adjust to the system and playing in a new league, which you can see with his positioning sometimes. Cuadrado came to the team already knowing how the league works.

If we give Douglas a bit more time, I think he'll end up becoming a crucial player, and our attack will improve even more. Just imagine having to worry about our four attackers all in one match, this will help the other attacker after more space on the field as well. The only thing I'm wondering is whether Douglas would be more effective on the RW or the LW?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)