Douglas Costa (25 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Honestly dont think so. Its not a skill issue, its a decision making/football IQ one.

I prefer Cuadrado and Berna for now, in that order.
Dont wanna sound arrogant or hindsight, but i warned you guys about it really.. He can have great matches here and there, but its only temporary

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Was he such frustrating player for Bayern also
I havent watched him in any Juventus games, so i cant say about his performances for you guys. But here he was (harsh yes, but its true) a trash player for whole the 2016/2017 season.

He had injuries yes, but he didnt show anything. Couldnt bench a old and way over the hill Ribery, but still he complained about lack of playing time

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I havent watched him in any Juventus games, so i cant say about his performances for you guys. But here he was (harsh yes, but its true) a trash player for whole the 2016/2017 season.

He had injuries yes, but he didnt show anything. Couldnt bench a old and way over the hill Ribery, but still he complained about lack of playing time
The only thing we care about is, what did he do when he had the ball for you? Because for us so far, even today despite scoring, he seems to have this tunnel vision where he just runs with the ball til he loses it or runs in circles and just passes back to where he started off from anyways. Doesnt seem to able to have the basic decision making to involved in a proper build up, he barely ever combines 1-2 passes with others, its full throttle or nothing basically.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The only thing we care about is, what did he do when he had the ball for you? Because for us so far, even today despite scoring, he seems to have this tunnel vision where he just runs with the ball til he loses it or runs in circles and just passes back to where he started off from anyways. Doesnt seem to able to have the basic decision making to involved in a proper build up, he barely ever combines 1-2 passes with others, its full throttle or nothing basically.
You actually said it quite well. Here he just went past a player, then blindly hitting the ball hard into the box without any vision/looking up really. It wasnt like that from the start, but 2016/2017 season he did that nearly all the time.

No idea in what he was doing just random trying to cross the ball hard into the box without any precision or idea. Will see if i can find some examples of him here while he was worst

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Scored a goal but overall I thought he was terrible, I lost count how many times he lost the ball.

Starting to look like a bad signing on very high wages.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well i ddint followed him at bayern but a lot of people here were having doubts at his signing.

it seems allegri fumbled this one hardcore.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Am I the only one who thought he did okay? Okay so he lost 1-2 balls but he had very little space to operate. And he had a goal.

Also he should've been played on the left.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Never fancy of this signing
He will be down in the pecking order when Pjaca come back, except he improves his tactical awareness and be more effective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)