Douglas Costa (87 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Still too early to be real judgemental but he seems to me to be someone who is mentally weak and lacking in that Juve attitude. He has some good technique and some neat moves early on in games but when the team looks in trouble he is terrible. He either tries to force it to the point of giving the ball away or just totally gives up.

Sort of player who would fit in much more at Arsenal than Juventus

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If we want genuine creative players, we have to let them try and do what they are capable of doing. Trying to restrict him to our usual "organization" mentality is going to hold him back.

We have enough organizational solidarity with everyone else on the field we should be able to let one or two players try penetrate defenses or take men on. Whenever he lost the ball, nothing bad came of it other than losing possession. It's nice to have a player that can actually beat a man because the only other 2 players we have that can do that (Cuads and Dybala) were benched. That starting lineup offered only 1 single creative outlet and people rush here to slam down when all Lazio had to do was double down on him.

Shouldn't be such an insane or "delusional" concept to tweak the game play in this sense.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #863
    If we want genuine creative players, we have to let them try and do what they are capable of doing. Trying to restrict him to our usual "organization" mentality is going to hold him back.

We have enough organizational solidarity with everyone else on the field we should be able to let one or two players try penetrate defenses or take men on. Whenever he lost the ball, nothing bad came of it other than losing possession. It's nice to have a player that can actually beat a man because the only other 2 players we have that can do that (Cuads and Dybala) were benched. That starting lineup offered only 1 single creative outlet and people rush here to slam down when all Lazio had to do was double down on him.

Shouldn't be such an insane or "delusional" concept to tweak the game play in this sense.
    so you agree with what Camo said yesterday. :tup:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    ffs i gotta translate that now :D

- - - Updated - - -

"Football is not math, it is obvious, otherwise it would be too boring, I would like to exalt Lazio's attitude more than Juventus defects, which is true that it did not make a big game, but it had managed to do the most difficult thing, "I do not know how to play Juventus," he said. "I do not know what to do with Juventus," he said. the football is given by the ball, which is much faster than the players, so the ball needs to be moved. In my opinion, Juventus has always moved the ball among the defenders, but from the forward half did not find the dynamic that should be for break through a defense like the one presented by Lazio. " After a parenthesis on the Var ("It works very well in other sports, especially in rugby and is a novelty in football. It's been 100 years since football played with mistakes and now you have to wait for the referee to decide that a lord from ' Douglas Costa: "I personally like it, I saw him play, he is one of those players who in the modern soccer game second makes me the difference because it jumps the man with his speed. When he takes the ball - the merits of his team making him the ball - in the last 20 yards, I want to see how many defenders they can stop. If you start from 60 meters it is a player, if you get him the ball in the last 20-25 meters is another player. Obviously it has just arrived and one hopes it can improve. I am the players who jump the man - you know - they like because they make a difference "

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Well, yes then I agree. I'd take his opinion over people like DD that's for sure.

That's more or less what I'm trying to say. We have an entire team that knows how to hold their shape its been beaten into them. Why not let one or two players at the same time play that can beat their man and actually encourage them to try?

I'd rather DC try often and lose the ball a few times if it means his (or others) movement opens up space for others or gets him a go at goal.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have an Ibrahimovic or Ronaldo (Brazil) kind of striker that can do it all on their own. Higuain needs service or space opened up for him to get that quick shot off. The system we have doesn't benefit him at all.

- - - Updated - - -

basically says we have no rhythm and likes DC but Allgeri should play him upfront and not on defense. :D
    Camo was that kind of tricky winger. Not the speed of DC but he could juke a guy out no problem. We have missed that kind of player for ages now we have DC and Cuads that offer that.

They both beat their men with ease but once we get down to the box its like both freeze up and fuck up that pass to get our striker on goal. I'm confident it will improve though.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Well, yes then I agree. I'd take his opinion over people like DD that's for sure.

That's more or less what I'm trying to say. We have an entire team that knows how to hold their shape its been beaten into them. Why not let one or two players at the same time play that can beat their man and actually encourage them to try?

I'd rather DC try often and lose the ball a few times if it means his (or others) movement opens up space for others or gets him a go at goal.
    Yes but that leaves defence vulnerable to counter attacks as our midfield doesn't offer protection to the defence

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Yes but that leaves defence vulnerable to counter attacks as our midfield doesn't offer protection to the defence
    Then we take our chances. We can't be timid and afraid of getting countered if we want to win the CL. Time to start taking chances.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Because we are conceding an awful lot already as it is and we are playing to avoid counter attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

you tell them to stay back more.
    That too.

A healthy Marchisio & Pjanic with Matuidi will make all the difference, you'll see. Plus Bencantur is learning fucking quickly.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Then we take our chances. We can't be timid and afraid of getting countered if we want to win the CL. Time to start taking chances.
    Yes but you could see how easily Lazio carved open our defence you can imagine what will happen against big sides in Europe we need players who have great work rate to overcome our weaknesses in midfield and defence

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Yes but you could see how easily Lazio carved open our defence you can imagine what will happen against big sides in Europe we need players who have great work rate to overcome our weaknesses in midfield and defence
    Tha'ts because we had Licht, asamoah and Barzagli playing at the same time. You don't see how that is a bad idea? :D

- - - Updated - - -

But khedira and matuidi don't really offer anything in offense and defense

- - - Updated - - -

Yes after paying 40 million euros
    Matuidi offers a lot defensively. We didn't buy him to offer something in attack. Aside from DC, how else started yesterday that was a threat in offense? I don't mean in front of goal but getting us to that point?

No sandro, dybala, pjanic, bernie, cuads...

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Yes but what options do we have sturaro de sciglio benatia we need massive investment for our defence and also midfield
    See Mark's post in the Wishlist thead.

Bring back Caldara & Spinazzola. De Vrij & Giminez for free.

Holy shit...we can bring all 4 for free :lol: @Mark

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Tha'ts because we had Licht, asamoah and Barzagli playing at the same time. You don't see how that is a bad idea? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi offers a lot defensively. We didn't buy him to offer something in attack. Aside from DC, how else started yesterday that was a threat in offense? I don't mean in front of goal but getting us to that point?

No sandro, dybala, pjanic, bernie, cuads...
    Higuain almost scored a couple goals

almost :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)