Douglas Costa (100 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
We gave Bayern Benatia money in return for Coman money.

Now we give them James money in return for Costa money.

Bayern is trolling us hard.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Cuadrado himself is a ~30m acquisition, I don't expect a 10m or 15m difference in transfer fee to command who's starting and who's not. Unless we buy a midfield or a monster RB, I imagine Costa won't be able to do the defensive work required of him in 4231 and contribute in the attack at the same time as well as Cuadrado. I might be wrong of course, but it's certainly a possibility not sillyness
Cuadrado didn't get half the attention of our social media. This guy is clearly coming to be a starter and treated like a star.

Very little defensive work is expected of him, he's one of the most offensive minded and aggressive wingers out there, we bought him for that reason. We're adding to our attack, not our defense.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Cuadrado didn't get half the attention of our social media. This guy is clearly coming to be a starter and treated like a star.

Very little defensive work is expected of him, he's one of the most offensive minded and aggressive wingers out there, we bought him for that reason. We're adding to our attack, not our defense.
Allegri is.neither the one buying players nor the one running our social media, but he will decide on the pecking order. I expect both Costa and Cuads to get playing time, but atm I don't think our 4231 will work with an offensive minded winger on the right, not with Khedira at Cm and Licht at RB, so Costa will be asked to defend and Cuads without doubt is the better all-around player. If we upgrade properly those 2 positions the purpose of RM could change

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Allegri is.neither the one buying players nor the one running our social media, but he will decide on the pecking order. I expect both Costa and Cuads to get playing time, but atm I don't think our 4231 will work with an offensive minded winger on the right, not with Khedira at Cm and Licht at RB, so Costa will be asked to defend and Cuads without doubt is the better all-around player. If we upgrade properly those 2 positions the purpose of RM could change
Ok, but what do you mean by defend? Back track and help cover a certain area? Then sure, anyone can do that if properly instructed.

I do agree we need a proper CM and a good reliable RB so this guy can be set free full power. Right now our CM is toothless and that's our biggest weakness. Fix that problem and give him freedom to do what he does best, move forward.

Mercato isn't over yet. Let's see what's in store for us.

May 26, 2016
Ok, but what do you mean by defend? Back track and help cover a certain area? Then sure, anyone can do that if properly instructed.

I do agree we need a proper CM and a good reliable RB so this guy can be set free full power. Right now our CM is toothless and that's our biggest weakness. Fix that problem and give him freedom to do what he does best, move forward.

Agree. Cm and Rb position is actually what Will be most important for us, not Berna. Especially now that Dani is leaving. Fingers crossed.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

So we basically agree, Costa can be used to full potential if we have capable RB and CM, we just disagree on whether we actually intend to bring in WC RB or upgrade significantly on Khedira. Based on recent news, to me it seems like we'll take 2 ~20m gambles on those positions

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

imo if we cant find a rb play with 3 at back

dybala-higgy

as---pjanic-cheesio-khedira-----costa/berna/cuadraod

killini-bon-rugani

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
he doesn't appear to be the best decision maker. it's possible bayern have stunted his growth. i like how he appears to be a bulldog. tireless worker. lets see how he does with us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)