Douglas Costa (39 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Posting stats without any context is the worst. i dont even know if any of these are supposed to be good or bad, just see random numbers

- - - Updated - - -

some goals, like in cuadrado's case juve wins the scudetto?
If we win Coppa Italia, we pay 50M :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

We'll go LIVE in less than an hour½. #flightradar24

:tuttosport:
Flight from where to where?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Well let's be honest, we were starving for a player like this. In terms of speed, strength and skill, I'm not sure a more attainable target existed. His strengths are absolutely ideal for us. He's a big counter attack threat. And he can receive a pass and break the midfield line. He has the strength to stay up and the endurance to keep going with the ball.

Around the box his decision making can improve. If we use him strictly as a wide player and instruct him just to find Higuain/Dybala, then maybe his efficiency takes a big step up.

I feel like this move is a bit of an overcompensation because we desperately needed a winger like this. Perhaps we turned down pursuits for more effective wingers that lacked the athleticism of Costa, for example.

I honestly don't know what to expect from him. I can't say that I'm hopeful he will break out and turn world class because I just don't see enough poise in the final third. But I think if the defensive work rate is there then ultimately this signing will be a success because anything he provides on the wing will probably be a big step up from our past efforts, like Sturaro for example.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #116
    Posting stats without any context is the worst. i dont even know if any of these are supposed to be good or bad, just see random numbers

- - - Updated - - -

If we win Coppa Italia, we pay 50M :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

Flight from where to where?
    Point A to point B.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    What Sandro and Costa ?

2 black lolzillians is running down the side
    (they're running on the side ?) Yes they running on the side

- - - Updated - - -
    @Fr3sh

- - - Updated - - -

Why didnt @Osman open the thread ?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    For the first 20 minutes of our first leg v Bayern a couple of seasons ago I thought he was looking like an incredible player. Then I noticed that all his tricks and flair were completely ineffective and whilst looking good he was really just doing nothing with the ball.

I'm not writing him off, a lot of good players have struggled to do anything against our defense and we do lack some unpredictability upfront which he brings. I just hope he can provide an end product.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    For the first 20 minutes of our first leg v Bayern last season I thought he was looking like an incredible player. Then I noticed that all his tricks and flair were completely ineffective and whilst looking good he was really just doing nothing with the ball.

I'm not writing him off, a lot of good players have struggled to do anything against our defense and we do lack some unpredictability upfront which he brings. I just hope he can provide an end product.
    Like Messi, Suarez and Neymar :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)