Douglas Costa (18 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Welcome! Like many, I'm not sold on this guy. I would have preferred someone else but it seems there wasn't many options. Yet, we find ourselves in a scenario where we needed someone whose for flair and attacking prowess. Costa has all that but without a brain. Bayern fans, yes the people who watch him week in week out vouch for that so who are we to say otherwise? Anyway that said we turned a lot of nobody's to become world class so here's hoping we do it again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Welcome! Like many, I'm not sold on this guy. I would have preferred someone else but it seems there wasn't many options. Yet, we find ourselves in a scenario where we needed someone whose for flair and attacking prowess. Costa has all that but without a brain. Bayern fans, yes the people who watch him week in week out vouch for that so who are we to say otherwise? Anyway that said we turned a lot of nobody's to become world class so here's hoping we do it again.

I think he can become good in Juventus, and I wouldnt mind that honestly. The only thing with him is that he lacks brain as you said yourself, and is inconsistent, so he reminds a lot about Cuadrado.

He have moments of brilliance where he can look as the best player on Earth and others where he is the worst trash. Thats what you get with him. If Allegri/Juventus can make him more constant he is gonna be a great addition for you guys.

That said I definitely wont complain that we sold him and got James in instead. They are not the same kind of players though but to our offensive I belive we made a great deal in James

Good luck to Costa in Juve :tup:

Jun 6, 2015

A fanbase bashing a player isn't really a good metric to rate players imo.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I think he can become good in Juventus, and I wouldnt mind that honestly. The only thing with him is that he lacks brain as you said yourself, and is inconsistent, so he reminds a lot about Cuadrado.

He have moments of brilliance where he can look as the best player on Earth and others where he is the worst trash. Thats what you get with him. If Allegri/Juventus can make him more constant he is gonna be a great addition for you guys.

That said I definitely wont complain that we sold him and got James in instead. They are not the same kind of players though but to our offensive I belive we made a great deal in James

Top addition you are to the forum mate.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

different kind and type of players playing different roles you can't compare them.
It's shocking if the 2years loan for a total of 40m is real. That would be a shocking deal made by Bayern.
Tough until I see some official statements I doubt it's true. I mean Real paid 80m for the guy and he is only 25yrs old. I can't believe they sold him for a fee lower than 60m.
In fact those rumors of 5+60 sound much more reliable than 5+35,2.
For that price anyone would have gone for the guy. Too bad we have no place for him else I would be so envious of this deal xD

About Costa he is neither world class beater but still a good player.
I would see the deal as a good one if the price is tag is between 38 and 40m. 46 would be overkill for that kind of guy!

Jun 6, 2015
Better than Youtube or whoscored. I'd rather take it from fans than some nobody.

I like my own eyes as the tool to rate players. Just look at this forum for example, there are so many good/great Juve players that get bashed constantly. The ability and talent Douglas Costa has is pretty clear to see. Even though I think there is some risk involved in the transfer I think he will be a huge hit here.

I'd also add that those fans you want to take it from are emotionally invested when it comes to players that play for their team and we know how emotions don't really work in your favor when making certain evaluations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)