Douglas Costa (14 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why would he be keen to join Wolves? He has had a top career going between big clubs, still a quality player despite the crippling injuries, playing for Juve under new exciting coach. Not sure why he would be keen for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC. Would you?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why would he be keen to join Wolves? He has had a top career going between big clubs, still a quality player despite the crippling injuries, playing for Juve under new exciting coach. Not sure why he would be keen for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC. Would you?
The sheer fact that you will be playing fabulous football in the by far the best league in the world no matter with which team is enough. That's how the journalist sell you the story and that's how some people buy it.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Looking at pure talent, he is rather good player to have around. His main issue as we all know it are injuries so I hope we can sell him and acquire someone more reliable. Only love for this guy, but I dont believe he can remain healthy for longer periods. Now, prove me wrong. :)

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Report: Douglas Costa rejects United
Football Italia

Juventus winger Douglas Costa has reportedly rejected a move to Manchester United and hopes to convince coach Andrea Pirlo at the Allianz Stadium.

Calciomercato.com reveals the Brazilian winger has decided to fight for a place in the Old Lady side, even if sporting director Fabio Paratici needs to sell to unblock incoming operations.

The outlet reports Manchester United were ready to enter negotiations with Juventus over the former Bayern Munich attacker, but Douglas Costa has rejected a move to Old Trafford.

United had no chance of convincing the 30-year-old, capped 31 times by Brazil, and have allegedly turned their attention to Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele.

The report insists Douglas Costa hopes to show new coach Pirlo his worth and secure a place in the Bianconeri’s plans for the 2020-21 season.

I guess no way we’re selling anyone, they all want to stay yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So all these players are just going to stay here until their contracts run out? It seems like we are the only club that consistently has this problem. I don’t even think we should have got this player in the first place, wish we could have found a way to keep Coman.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Only real problem with this guy is the injuries. He would actually be a perfect wing back.
how would he be a perfect wingback, he can’t defend at all.

I actually don’t care that he wants to stay, when he’s on the field he can at least make an impact, especially late in games as a sub. And if no one is offering 25m+ to buy him, may as well keep him. Only real reason I wanted to sell him was to get Chiesa, but if they can get him without it, then whatever. He’s nowhere near Khedira, Rugani level of useless.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Yeh the other issue is his wages. He would probably need to take a big pay cut to go to a lower team. He knows if he is not injured he can realistically get a lot of playing time at Juve. Hence, its hardly surprising that he doesn't want to leave.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We absolutely suck when it comes to getting rid of unwanted players, no surprise there.

If he stays healthy he can easily fight for a spot but the keyword here is IF and it’s a big fucking if.

I'm not sure he is THAT unwanted, because I assume we want really good sum to sell him, not trying to sell for whatever we can get. If not getting that desired return on investment figure, we are probably ok with keeping him. But as you said, his health issues makes it a tough matter to balance in terms what to do, what to settle for etc.

Its another matter if he is rejecting an offer we find good enough, but I doubt it got to that stage, probably Man U sending out feelers to see if he is interested to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)