Douglas Costa (41 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
The way Dougie apologised to the fans, club and teammates and not to DiFrancesco combined with Allegri`s statement that "The one thing we must avoid doing is falling for provocation" and this one "we started to play as individuals, we tried to dribble past everyone, this wound up the opposition, who then reacted badly and you get to situations like Douglas Costa." is a clear sign that there`s more to the story.

Costa did what he did, he will pay his fine and serve his several match ban, period. Those kind of things happen everywhere, its no shock that it happened, its a shock as it is a Juventus player involved, I dont like this sheit and dont want to see our player doing those kind of sheit ever again. If he kicked you, elbowed you and abused you and you just cant take it anymore as you lost your cool, you suddenly forget what it means to be a professional athlete with worldwide reputation and millions of wage, then cmon, at least be a man and punch the motherfuker in the face and break his nose, but dont spit on him ffs, that is absolutely disgusting.

What is the clear sign that there's more to this story?

Allegri:

“Maybe he was irritated at a foul before, but it doesn’t matter, because this absolutely must not happen. The one thing we must avoid doing is falling for provocation,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We could’ve scored a third goal, but instead we started to play as individuals, we tried to dribble past everyone, this wound up the opposition, who then reacted badly and you get to situations like Douglas Costa. In my view this is more about the way we approached the match ant didnt play like a team

Seems like an observation rather than a judgement whatsoever.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Forza costa! My guess is there will be a statment later as to why costa reacted like he did. If it was racism i wish he got him with the headbutt first
If it was racism, it would be known by now. It was sheer frustration I think. Either way fine him and move on. Too bad he prolly wont be featuring against Valencia.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The people saying he should've punched Di Francesco and broken his nose for what? To look more masculine? :rolleyes: Didn't David Navarro get an eight month ban for that?

Spitting is gross and weird but I would rather he do that and get a 5 match ban than "be a man" and get an eight month ban and likely never play for Juventus again.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Fights in football are always shitty though. They get face to face acting tough. One light slap and someone goes down screaming and rolling.
Exactly.

We need more testosterone filled brawls, arrogant bravado and manliness that you see in other sports that are heavily frequented by superior Caucasian alpha males. Like what we see in sports like Hockey, Grid Iron and Rugby League.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The people saying he should've punched Di Francesco and broken his nose for what? To look more masculine? :rolleyes: Didn't David Navarro get an eight month ban for that?

Spitting is gross and weird but I would rather he do that and get a 5 match ban than "be a man" and get an eight month ban and likely never play for Juventus again.
Like for what reason exactly? Looking at that Costa statement, there was no racism involved (he sure would have mentioned it if it was the case). Seems like he simply got riled up over tense duels (and not getting a freekick for his Neymar show earlier). If anything Di Francesco would have had reason to punch him in the face after getting spit on, and i wouldn't even have carded him if i was the ref.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll spit on your grave, puto.
Classic Rape and revenge B movie.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
After that he's out. Sell in January.

That kind of behaviour is entirely unacceptable from a Juventus player.
Lol. Some of you got as much triggered by this and are overreacting like DC did.

Had a Felipe Melo moment, will receive his punishment, and that's that.

It'd be too much, but for lulz, they should put DC in the doghouse like that did with Bonucci. :lol:

Bonucci_tribuna_mediagallery-page.jpg

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lol. Some of you got as much triggered by this and are overreacting like DC did.

Had a Felipe Melo moment, will receive his punishment, and that's that.

It'd be too much, but for lulz, they should put DC in the doghouse like that did with Bonucci. :lol:

Bonucci_tribuna_mediagallery-page.jpg
I disagree. People shouldn't be downplaying his actions.

Regardless of whether you think it wasn't particularly that much at the end of the day our best attacking player will be suspended from the team for five games. That isn't something a pro can be doing and it is only really not substantial because we all know juve could win Serie A walking.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I disagree. People shouldn't be downplaying his actions.

Regardless of whether you think it wasn't particularly that much at the end of the day our best attacking player will be suspended from the team for five games. That isn't something a pro can be doing and it is only really not substantial because we all know juve could win Serie A walking.
So, not downplaying his actions would be suggesting he should be sold?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What do you mean? Posters on this forum shouldn't be downplaying his actions.

I didn't say the club should flog him or anything. At most, the Bonucci/ dunce chair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)