Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich (87 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,641
    the numbers are GDM's so he's wrong most of the time. Usually they real numbers are higher. :scared:

:D

- - - Updated - - -

credit to Bargiggia who today was the first to mention Beppe flying tomorrow to Munich. :baus:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Its cool youre excited, but why about Douglas Costa? The guy spent 5 years in Shahktar.

But okay I was also seeing it as a good move when we got him. Much have changed since then, and now im very okay with us saying goodbye to him
    So he spent 5 years in Shahktar and?
    So he's not a superstar,but he's a great winger.You did bring him to Bayern no?
    And he was on fire under Pep,having an amazing season.

Yeah things didn't go well for him this season,maybe his relations with Ancelotti also bad.
    He still managed to finish with 7G9A this season...in only 10 starts.the rest he came in as a sub.no too bad at all imo.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Sorry but I simply cant see how 46 mio for Douglas Costa is close to being a steal
    I agree with you about Costa not being a steal ,luckily Coman was a steal for 28 mil for Bayern .That's a real example how the price of the player rises playing for a great club as Juventus.After getting him for free we sold him to Bayern for 28 mil.What a difference

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
    So he spent 5 years in Shahktar and?
    So he's not a superstar,but he's a great winger.You did bring him to Bayern no?
    And he was on fire under Pep,having an amazing season.

Yeah things didn't go well for him this season,maybe his relations with Ancelotti also bad.
    He still managed to finish with 7G9A this season...in only 10 starts.the rest he came in as a sub.no too bad at all imo.
    My point is that if someone spent 5 years in Shakthar it tells quite well what kind of player it is. A decent player on his day, but nothing more than that.

He was really good the first half year here, but something changed. From the start of 2016 and until now he hasnt been the same. I hope he will do well with Juventus though

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    Bayern wants to offload him for a better player, D.Costa wants to leave Bayern since they didn't give the wage he asked for. just because he wanted it because he deserved it.

it's said that they will be on market for LW this summer, next summer, they will go for a player to replace Robben, along with Brandt, they already signed him as back up option. After United and City offered 50-60 m euros for Coman, he promised Coman more playing time.

Man, l'm like Bundesliga expert here. actually l support RB Leipzig in Bundesliga btw.
    Leipzig? Never heard of this RB. Is he any good?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
    I agree with you about Costa not being a steal ,luckily Coman was a steal for 28 mil for Bayern .That's a real example how the price of the player rises playing for a great club as Juventus.After getting him for free we sold him to Bayern for 28 mil.What a difference
    Haha youre so butthurt from everything I say, its quite amusing

Yeah the Coman deal was probably bad for us, but how is that relevant in this case ?

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    He probably asked to leave. Wanted some guarantees of playing time so he can make it to the world cup. Probably going to surprise most and have a better season here than Ribery has at Bayern

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
    He probably asked to leave. Wanted some guarantees of playing time so he can make it to the world cup. Probably going to surprise most and have a better season here than Ribery has at Bayern
    Its true he asked to leave.

I hope so for him as well as Ribery is a 34 year old cripple. The thing that pissed many Bayern fans off is that he mid way trough the season talked about leaving, and lack of playing time. Still he couldnt bench a way past it/over the hill Ribery, and when given the chance he didnt show anything. Still he complained big time

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    My point is that if someone spent 5 years in Shakthar it tells quite well what kind of player it is. A decent player on his day, but nothing more than that.

He was really good the first half year here, but something changed. From the start of 2016 and until now he hasnt been the same. I hope he will do well with Juventus though
    Hopefully he will regain his best form again,that's what we do here ;)
    He'll be motivated for sure,and will be a starter ofcourse.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012

I'm struggling to understand the reason you keep bringing up the fact he was at Shakhtar for 5 years as a link to him being an average player. They don't exactly sell players on the cheap and both Willian and Fernandinho were at Shakhtar for a longer time than him and both of them are very talented footballers in my opinion.

Having watched him regularly for a couple of seasons would probably be a greater argument on your analysis of his capability.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
    I'm struggling to understand the reason you keep bringing up the fact he was at Shakhtar for 5 years as a link to him being an average player. They don't exactly sell players on the cheap and both Willian and Fernandinho were at Shakhtar for a longer time than him and both of them are very talented footballers in my opinion.

Having watched him regularly for a couple of seasons would probably be a greater argument on your analysis of his capability.
    Yeah they been at Shakthar too, and they are the same as Costa. Fine players, but nothing more. If they were really good all 3 wouldnt have been hiden in Ukraine for so many years

And yes I watched him in Bayern for 2 years. First year was pretty good, this year pretty shit

Apr 19, 2007
    Being at Shaktar is a little worrisome in that fact that he wasnt good enough to move on before that. But it wasnt from age 22-27 it was his younger days and he was bought for big money when he left so he did impress there in his last 2 years when in his prim as he did at Bayern his first year.

Age plays into the price I think and he is fairly young right now. Anything in the 40 mil is a fair deal. We will over pay a little to get him on a loan deal so we can cover areas this mercato as well. That helps us out quite a bit but Bayern wont just do this unless they have to or get a little compensation

- - - Updated - - -

Also people on here always talk about just wrapping up these transfers and not letting them drag on. Well to do that you cant haggle to much. So what do you want?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)