Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well that's the thing, you can already picture the :tuttosport: comments and "brilliant signing" posts after he decimates some random left back, followed by the "piece of crap" posts two weeks later, because that's what you get with these type of players. Cuadrado is the same.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
El Douglas is going to be an instant hit, we fans are gonna love him.
Until we'll hate him ofc. :baus:
That depends what does one expect out of him.

Douglas has flaws, and if it shows in the late CL stage, even if he does great in Serie A, I expect the common backslash a player gets when it happens.

People will not look at what he globally achieved, just how he failed during one or two games.

I don't point fingers at anyone, it's like that everywhere about most signings, unless you buy somebody that is sure to do good in almost every important games. It's rare.

It's also sad, because people in general tend to easily forget what was good.

I am not a fan of Costa, but since it seems almost done, let's hope he performs.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Well that's the thing, you can already picture the :tuttosport: comments and "brilliant signing" posts after he decimates some random left back, followed by the "piece of crap" posts two weeks later, because that's what you get with these type of players. Cuadrado is the same.
Douglas Clutchta :tuttosport:

Douglas Crapsta :inter:

Mar 30, 2006
Not really sure what to make of this one.

I guess I'm just not a fan of authentic wingers. They are often so fickle and inconsistent.
Im thrilled about this signing. He is a player we lack and his directness and pace will give us a new dimension. Cuadrado has been good but he has always been missing something. I am hoping Douglas Costa can become our new Nedved. Also of wend get Bernardeschi I think it will be a great summer. Bernardeschi seems to have great work ethic, intelligence and passing. I think our team will be fantastic with both of them in the squad. I'm also excited about Schick

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
You who are against this move, would you be against it after his 2015/2016 season? Under Pep he was a beast. This season was a hard year for him, lack of confidence from Carlo, less playing time ( probably why we can buy him) a year ago we could only dream about Costa. Now he is a bad player lol

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
You who are against this move, would you be against it after his 2015/2016 season? Under Pep he was a beast. This season was a hard year for him, lack of confidence from Carlo, less playing time ( probably why we can buy him) a year ago we could only dream about Costa. Now he is a bad player lol
It was 6 months :lol2:. And he played above his level.

Jun 12, 2017
he was injured 3 times last season. He also missed preseason because this reason.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Im thrilled about this signing. He is a player we lack and his directness and pace will give us a new dimension. Cuadrado has been good but he has always been missing something. I am hoping Douglas Costa can become our new Nedved. Also of wend get Bernardeschi I think it will be a great summer. Bernardeschi seems to have great work ethic, intelligence and passing. I think our team will be fantastic with both of them in the squad. I'm also excited about Schick
I don't see similarities with Nedved, but I'm definitely in favour of his directness. I'm only concerned that with unpredictable players you get a mixed bag. The essence of a winger is that they are players tasked with beating opponents directly, maybe more so than other roles, but it's also easy for them to stay on the fringes of the game. Whether it's Douglas Costa or somebody else it's important that we heavily utilise these wingers if we are to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)