Douglas Costa - AM RL - Bayern Munich (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
:tup:

Exactly what ive been saying. Mostly useless on the left, and sometimes even great on the right
Well... Not useless... Just headless. Not a very smart player, but if you give him very easy and simple instructions like "run by the line and put a cross" he will execute them quite well. Don't ask him to cut in from the left though. If you have a 2 striker setup supported by a scoring box-to-box midfielder, he can do very well in that system.

Also, I think it's a myth that he doesn't defend. At the beginning of his first seasons, he defended a lot. His speeds lets him cover lots of ground. This last season he didn't defend for shit (probably lack of motivation, seems like a sensible flower)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well... Not useless... Just headless. Not a very smart player, but if you give him very easy and simple instructions like "run by the line and put a cross" he will execute them quite well. Don't ask him to cut in from the left though. If you have a 2 striker setup supported by a scoring box-to-box midfielder, he can do very well in that system.

Also, I think it's a myth that he doesn't defend. At the beginning of his first seasons, he defended a lot. His speeds lets him cover lots of ground. This last season he didn't defend for shit (probably lack of motivation, seems like a sensible flower)

Yes but hes much easier to shut down, especially vs teams that defend the flanks well. When he has space he will exploit it on either side, but close it down and he wont be able to get past his man with the ball. On the right he atleast can take the ball to the middle and shoot, give a through pass

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
Yes but hes much easier to shut down, especially vs teams that defend the flanks well. When he has space he will exploit it on either side, but close it down and he wont be able to get past his man with the ball. On the right he atleast can take the ball to the middle and shoot, give a through pass
Depends. He IS very fast and a bit tricky, so he isn't easy to defend against. Teams that shut him down usually did it by overloading his side with a great fullback + a central defender and a DM occasionally helping.

In any case, the take away is that if you play him on the left, you have to have two area strikers waiting on the box to take advantage of his crosses. I actually think that Higuain and Mandzu would have a feast with his crosses.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Depends. He IS very fast and a bit tricky, so he isn't easy to defend against. Teams that shut him down usually did it by overloading his side with a great fullback + a central defender and a DM occasionally helping.

In any case, the take away is that if you play him on the left, you have to have two area strikers waiting on the box to take advantage of his crosses. I actually think that Higuain and Mandzu would have a feast with his crosses.

I dont know, i havent seen a game of his where he played on the left and was good. And ive seen some ~10 games of Bayern last season. Im glad you mentioned Mandzukic, the problem with your plan is he plays the left winger position, so where would we play him then if we put Douglas on the left? And im not sure Mandzukic and Higuain are fast/quick enough to catch the crosses that are coming from the right side, and are goig away from them

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah the three offensive players Real use dont defend for shit and look where that got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Arsenal tries to play the exact same way, except they dont have Modric and Ronaldo

Where did that got them ?

- - - Updated - - -

Because there's only one way to play. You are so fucking biased, it's unbelievable.

If we starting playing with more direct strikers/forwards, and they didn't track back or defend, I'm sure you're going to start raving about pure attacking players and their offensive output, because that's the kind of hypocrite you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. 3 CL titles in 4 seasons, but hey, let's hope for a winger that isn't a winger, and a Bale or Ronaldo that can track back :howler:
The intelligence in your posts is so low, i dont know where to start except to ask if you know what interval you have to breathe

- - - Updated - - -

50m + 7m salary is a Sanchez for sure... Get me one
50 mil will give one shoelace of sanchez

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You're right. There's no way we'll buy Sanchez. Just watch his next transfer, it's gonna be a huge fee and he'll get crazy wages.

As for the 50mln you mention, you know where will we invest that? Bernardeschi. We're gonna offer high and offer him 3-4mln/season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I heard it on some TV show where they talked about Juve. Then news became viral

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/juve-douglas-costa-vuole-un-mega-ingaggio-con-bonus-31015

lol pathetic
Just to clarify, the "bitch he might be" originates from an afro american who was asked a question by a judge if he was present at some time and he answered "bitch i might be"

7mil sounds completely batshit crazy

However, he's one of those brazillians that go anywhere for money, so it might be true.

If it is, fuck him.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Arsenal tries to play the exact same way, except they dont have Modric and Ronaldo

Where did that got them ?

- - - Updated - - -

The intelligence in your posts is so low, i dont know where to start except to ask if you know what interval you have to breathe

- - - Updated - - -

So put 10 more and buy the other one. If we pay 60 for Berna and Alexis goes for the same to BM It would be a big mistake IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)