Dortmund trio set for Serie A? (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #61
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    Thing I like about Rosicky is that he doesn't try to do something with the ball every time,if he doesn't see an opening he won't hesitate to pass it back to another player and tries to take the sensible route as far as possible.This conserves possession and helps the team distribute the ball better.
    Yup, Zlatan needs to do this a bit more. You're certainly right though, Rosicky doesn't try to force it like some playmakers tend to do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Dortmund agree deal with creditors

FRANKFURT, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Struggling Borussia Dortmund (BVB) said on Friday it had agreed with its creditors on a rescue plan, a day after the club sent shock waves through soccer-mad Germany by saying it could go bankrupt.
    'The agreement requires that the fund investors approve the proposed restructuring for the Westfalen stadium,' the company said in a statement, calling the agreement a 'further important step towards realizing the rescue plan.'

Germany's only listed soccer club, an almost-100-year-old household name, is threatened with insolvency should it fail to get help from banks amid record losses and debts.

In Dortmund, Borussia officials met for the first time with almost all the banks involved to discuss a rescue plan.

'I think this will help to get the two creditors involved who haven't said yes yet,' said Jochen Roelfs, an auditor appointed by the club to help with the overhaul, adding that talks were expected to continue until next week.

The club received a debt moratorium until 2006/07 and short-term loans to help pay salaries for players.

However, it still needs to buy back its Westfalen stadium, for which it has failed to pay rent since the start of the year.

Handelsblatt business paper said Borussia needed £7million until the end of the 2004/05 season. Meanwhile, Schalke 04, one of Borussia's fiercest local rivals on the pitch, offered to help.

'Dortmund's end would be a catastrophe for the whole Bundesliga. We would help any time,' Chief Executive Rudi Assauer told Bild.

Bayern Munich, the country's most successful soccer club, has also offered to help, an offer which Borussia management so far has refused.

Borussia shares closed up 3.2 per cent at 150p after plunging 28 per cent on Thursday. The stock is worth only a fraction of its debut price in 2000.

Independent Research analysts cut their investment view to 'sell' from 'buy' and lowered their price target for the stock to 120p from 240p, saying the club had so far achieved 'almost nothing' in its restructuring plans.

source: soccernet.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Even though it could mean getting Rosicky,this bites.Dortmund are a massive club in Germany and have always had great players in their team.I liked Amoroso alot when he was there.

Jul 12, 2002
    :confused:
    He's referring to how Dortmund spent too much money, trying to be a big clib in Europe. They are a big club in Germany, but not in Europe and without the success of actually doing well in Europe they are broke. Hence, "don't overpunch your reach."

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Even though it could mean getting Rosicky,this bites.Dortmund are a massive club in Germany and have always had great players in their team.I liked Amoroso alot when he was there.
    NAAA ITS GOOD! If they sell Koller they are likely to buy Elmander. And I wouldn't mind seeing him in dortmund. ;) DOUBLE UP FOR ME!

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

He's referring to how Dortmund spent too much money, trying to be a big clib in Europe. They are a big club in Germany, but not in Europe and without the success of actually doing well in Europe they are broke. Hence, "don't overpunch your reach."
    i hoped someone would understand it...cheers Ian :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)