Doping!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

OP

Dino

Apr 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Doping!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sorry to say this guys, but at the moment juve are involved in a case and we are being accused of doping from 1994 to 1998. The players accused include........

Tacchinardi
    Del Piero
    Conte
    Pessotto
    Ferrara
    Vialli
    Birindelli
    Zidane
    Ravanelli
    Di Livio
    Deschamps
    etc
    Also people like agricola, giraudo and lippi

So, do you think that juve did cheat and doped our players?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've heard about this rumour already, but I just choose to ignore it because I don't know whether it's true or not and I'm not going to bother my head about it either.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Godot ] ++
    I've heard about this rumour already, but I just choose to ignore it because I don't know whether it's true or not and I'm not going to bother my head about it either.
    good mentality.
    :thumb:

but then again, does this mean you're applying : "see no evil, hear no evil!..."?? :undecided:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Actually it is true. Juve are on trial, but not because doping per se, but more like unethical use of chemical supstances I think. When Juve's facilities were raided by the police (and yes, that did happen) they found enough chemicals, medicine for a medium sized farmacy (which is a lot for a football club). The most debatted drug I think is creatine, which basically raises the level of iron in the blood, and as iron is used to transfer oxygen through the blood and to various parts of the body, it increases endurance and stamina. It's not illegal except in France, and Del Piero, Deschamps and ZIdane have already admitted of taking it. Anyway, dont take my word on any of this as I'm not an expert, but I dont think we're in real danger because of this trial. If we were it'd get much more media attention than it has, and the matter probably would be resolved by now.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    I dont follow politics of soccer. So this doesnt bother me, and shouldnt bother you. I think juve have enough lawyers to clear this up. that is if it is really a serious case. and i doubt it is.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Actually it is quite serious, cos the accusation towards Juve is the worst accusation a sport team can be accused of...'Frode Sportiva' (Sport Fraud).

Apart from the obvious legal consequences, which on theory can strip us off all the trophies we won during the 94-98 period, this case is also tarnishing our name around the world.

The players did use creatine, but so did most if not all of the players of all Serie A teams at the time. Creatine was even advertised on a monthly magazine about referees which the Lega published!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Cos Zeman raised eyebrows by saying that Vialli and Del Piero (among others) had increased their muscle tones in a short period of time, and he thought it was abnormal, insinuating that they used drugs. This caused a domino effect, and everyone accusing juve of being cheats.

I don't know why other clubs have not been inspected or anything, all I know is that it became ridiculous.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    Apart from the obvious legal consequences, which on theory can strip us off all the trophies we won during the 94-98 period, this case is also tarnishing our name around the world.
    u wrote that they could take all of our trophies we won during this period away... is this just a theory or also realistic?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well if we are really found guilty of fraud, they can do so, since we would have allegedly obtained those trophies thanks to illegal substances.

However I'm not sure if it would be really be made in practice, and anyway, we're still not guilty and hopefully we won't be.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    The year who is maynly under examination is 1998.
    The players who weare accused of "sport fraud" are Del Piero, Di Livio and Deschamps cause their bload had strange values and with them also some doctors; but this accuse went down cause they didn't have anything to prouve that they weare actually doped. But now they are still searching.... few months ago they did a "raid" in Juve medical rooms and they said they found so many medicines that weare too mutch even 4 a whole hospital but they didn't find anything, the only wierd thing was that they had a lot of anti-depressive pills.
    Del Piero, Conte, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Pessotto and Birindelli weare listened in the court yesterday.
    The players admitted to use cratine (but actually it isn't illegal) and than they said that in the end of 1998 season they had some flebo and 10 pills a day each one of a different colour but that it was just vitamins. Ferrara also said that he think it is true what Zeman said "soccer had to go out from the farmacy" but he said that in 1998 period they weare taking too many staff but nothing illegal. Del Piero said that his body change is due to creatine and traings and nothing else.

Well... till ther's no prouve they can't do nothing, but one thing I hope... doping checks after the matches has to be more intensive. Till it will be that just one player a team will do the antidoping there will always be some suspect, I think that all the players who actually played have to do it, so it all will be more clean and clear. Maybe also some "surprise checks" 4 all the teams are needed. Is bad to have this doping speaking in Italian soccer, if they will do more checks peaple will stop supposing...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Doping is serious issue for both the legitimacy of soccer but also for the health of players concerned. However, I think the matter should be taken by FIFA not Italian Football Federation, even if I am pleased at this has become an issue. The reason is that I am pretty sure that La Liga, and EPL have probably more cases of doping because of the lack of regulations and testing. In Italia, I believe, every team has to give 5 samples of urine of randomly selected players, whereas in England and Spain this is not the case. Remember Stam, and Guardiola being tested positive couple weeks after coming to Italian league?
    However, I don't like to see accusation being made in "public" of "individuals" without strong evidence and legitimate source to back it up. If Zeman wants to accuse *specific* players of doping then he better come with medical evidence of players involved. Because it can damage the reputation and cause mental harm to specific individuals.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Yes I'm agree that it has to be a FIFA problem not just a FIGC one. But if nobody will change regolations I hope that at list Italy do it. This is not the only dopin-scandal, there was also one about Empoli, and also one about "acquacetosa", the laboratory who do the analisis of the urine control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)