Doom 3 (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Im interested in knowing if Doom gonna run on Sebastians PC. Because mine is identical.

I know i can run far cry on pretty high res and high details. But Doom is a bit different
If you can run far cry in high res and details, your computer can handle Doom 3 for sure. Of course not at Ultra Quality setting, but from Medium to High quality depending on the res you choose. What's your vid card exactly?

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Anyone meet up with the Alpha team yet? I'm a little lost. My objective right now is to meet up with the Alpha team at the Admininistrative Centre, but I have no idea how to get there. I've killed everything and I've been walking in circles in the dark building. How do I get there from say the kitchen? Or Marine Command centre?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
ok i goti t and played it. it lags a bit, especially when enemies are near, and when doors are opening. other than that it runs pretty much fine (my surround sound has never worked)

but, AWESOME GAME. i was like afraid to enter each room, never been scared by a game before.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Try lowering the res to make it smoother. In fact, in the game, hit alt-ctrl-(~) then when the command prompt comes up typing in "com_showfps 1" If your FPS is lower than 20ish lower your res and quality settings. With your computer, try to get an average of 20 fps. That's decent enough. The max doom 3 can go is 60. Anything below 1o is literally unplayable.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Persian i have 9600pro.

But if i cant play doom properly, then i change my whole system to AMD 64 with 9800pro and 1 gb ram. That should do it for a long time

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I just got my own copy of doom... I use to be very critical to games, but this game is unique. The sound, interface, gameplay and graphics are in top. Never seen anything like that...

I run the game with 30-35 fps with no monsters, but with 20 fps when monsters enter the screen. But it lags a little bit.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The game is stunning, don't get me wrong but it's really not a game that I can see myself playing over and over. Remove the pretty eye candy and Doom 3 is nothing but another running down the corridors shooting monsters. I can see Doom 3 becoming the base of a lot of mods, and thats the only hope I can see for this game as the singleplayer game is rather boring after a while and multiplayer sucks with only 4 players per server.

Things that annoy me
- So dark! Yes the game is scary and frightening, but so is my bedroom if you turn the lights off which is how this game creates its atmosphere. Its not the mega-shaded-pixel-bumps that you'll need a ninja video card to run, but its simply called turning the lights of an inserting a monster or four.
- Corridors... lots of them.. corridors, corridor, corridor, corridor, air vent, crate... blarg. That's Doom 3.
- It's really scary. Yeah, i bag it but it is scary and because ultra realistic monsters leaping at you from the dark tends to freak you out. Therefore I can only play it for a few hours at a time. Yeah, I'm a woose. I want my mummy.
- No co-op. Don't give me this tripe about "ooh it interferes with the single player". Bugger that, they did it for doom and doom 2 I don't see why they can't do it again. Lazy bastards :(
- No exploration, no interaction. Like I said.. its all pretty much corridors and air vents. You can't even break glass with the BFG.

Things I dig:
- The second best looking game so far. I call Far Cry as the best still as design and scope go and the eye candy in Far Cry is still better.
- It's scary.
- Signals a huge jump for game designs and fills me full of hope for the gaming industries future.
- Damage models and shooting physics are really good. Nothing new, but it still looks good.

I'm still not finished and its definitely worth checking out if you have a machine that can run it. My excitement is already fading on this game, but it does make the prospect of Half Life 2 all the better.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Gray, that flashlight only makes the game better IMO, because i never played a game like that before and, and thats only a good feature because you dont really know whats in that corner before you turn on the flash and BANG you get an adrenaline rush :D
And if its scary, then they did there job. Because DOOM is known for beeing scary.
And its a fricking spaceship you are on, dont expect any trees or great nature for you exploration, you knew that before.

Of Doom 3 and HL2, i will bet my Juve shirt on that HL2 will be a bigger disapointment. I cant say HL2 dont look good, but graphicly, doom is superior. Dont get me wrong, i look forward to HL2 and i will definatly purchase it.

In my eyes, Doom3 is the closest to the most perfekt 1 person shooter (with ut2004). Not to forget that it will have some mods released.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
ok im in love with the damn game

its so awesome how you have to flick between flashlight/gun, and guys ust pop out of no where that you couldnt see before

greys right about how its all kind of the same, but its awesome none the less, so what ever

are there any other levels than these places on mars? or is it all the same?

my main dissapointment is the lack of interaction with the stuff in the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)