Dont We Feel Like Pricks, Moggi?? Dont We? (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sorry, but I gotta play devil's advocate and defend Moggi a little on this one.

If a great player who is nearing the end of his peak career asks for a boatload of money to renew his contract -- and your team is facing its worst financial situation in seven years -- you have to seriously consider letting him go.

Unless you wrote Moggi a personal check to cover Davids contract demands, you don't have a lot of grounds for legitimate complaints. :mute:

I sure as hell would prefer to give up Davids rather than have to sell off players like DP, Buffon, etc., in order to cover the costs.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I kinda agree with swag there.

Davids should have understood that the club doesnt have that much money to pay for him, but he was one of our best players so why not give him what he wants?

Anyways, Im very glad he has been useful at Barcelona and with Ronaldinho helped the team to reach 16 successive wins

Len

Feb 13, 2004
He should've just offered Davids a new contract! Accept his demands and Davids will still be with us! Damn you, Moggi... :(

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's a difficult situation Len. If we just give him what he demands, sure, we'll have a good player... but I don't think that's the kind of message Moggi wants to project to his players. Moggi stamped his authority on the situation, and said "It's my way or the highway". Unfortunately, Davids went for the latter

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
moggi was a stubborn prick just as much as davids was asshole. davids was playing with moggi all the time. he was linked with roma and real madrid heavily and whatever moggi offered, davids would say no to and just say, 'i'll play out my contract and go on a bosman'. so i think both parties acted childish.

he is 30 now, we need to look towards the future. i'm hoping for pedretti.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
moggi was a stubborn prick just as much as davids was asshole. davids was playing with moggi all the time. he was linked with roma and real madrid heavily and whatever moggi offered, davids would say no to and just say, 'i'll play out my contract and go on a bosman'. so i think both parties acted childish.

he is 30 now, we need to look towards the future. i'm hoping for pedretti.
and here comes adrian and solves everything. nice post as always man :thumb:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I was saying this a lot ,that if we accepted or reached some sort of deal with him he can be still a juve player ,because we need him ,and WE DONT HAVE ANYONE IN HIS LEVEL:(

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Wait, problems between Davids-moggi-lippi were constant .Edgar used to broke many juventus player rules and sometimes he disrepect Lippi in Public.
A team who always has been recognised by is almost militar discipline tolerates Davids indiscipline by almost six years. It was a miracle...
But finally, thinks get too tense.Is better, as they do, let him go and have a new illusion.
Our one man engine room is gone forever....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Maresca is more than adequate to take over Davids' role. Slightly worse at defending, but Maresca is so much better in attacking.

Aug 1, 2003
Damn Joshua, why am I not surprised it was YOU who started this thread ? :D

Anyway I was temporarily depressed with his departure. Still is but not as bad. But it's out of our hands and being a fan of the pitbull I hope he will succeed in his life.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I kinda agree with swag there.

Davids should have understood that the club doesnt have that much money to pay for him , but he was one of our best players so why not give him what he wants?

Anyways, Im very glad he has been useful at Barcelona and with Ronaldinho helped the team to reach 16 successive wins
tacchi accepted a paycut, so did del piero....for the sake of juve. IMO, davids heart and soul was never a true "bianconeri". i was sad when he left, but it's inevitable. life has to go on......

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Dont blame Moggi, blame Davids. He is to egocentric.

Remember what happens with Davids before coming to Juve? He spend a season and a half at Milan,have a major injurie and fought with everyone,players and the coach. Costacurta referals to him as "the rotten apple in Milan:then Lippi suggest moggi to buy him and deposit total confidence on Edgar, then come the good years.
Lippi and Moggi where instrumental in rescuing him for the crisis situation he was having at Milan
Edgar character is too strong, like his style of playing. I bet you next year, he will have trouble with Barsa people...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)