don't shoot me! (1 Viewer)

yoli

Aug 3, 2002
wow para! i can see now that you demand from gigi work out the money that was paid 4 him, but that's actually not his fault ;) and that wasn't him who set such a price ;) and not him who paid it
so about the madrid game i can't see any reasons to blame gigi really :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

yoli

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
that is a good point.:)we probably couldn't have gotten a better keeper THEN,and that shows how good he was then.his failure to repeat those performances at parma
actually that's the point
he just can't repeat his performances at parma coz he didn't really risk there - to lose scudetto, champ's ligue etc.
so he could do miracle to impress ;) and to result :)
but here he should always think about the result, he can't risk because every missed goal will be counted and will be critisized by U ;)
i hope you understand what i mean...

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #183
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    para, i gotta ask u this. what do keepers do thats particularly phenomenal apart from stop shots and look good in front of the cameras doing so ??

they dont have the opportunities to do much more than that very often....dont u think?
    yes,but buffon doesn't do either as well as many make him out to be,and certainly not well enough for juve in my opinion.i have to say that he's been excellent of late though:)it's just not happening enough:(

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #184
    ++ [ originally posted by yoli ] ++
    wow para! i can see now that you demand from gigi work out the money that was paid 4 him, but that's actually not his fault ;) and that wasn't him who set such a price ;) and not him who paid it
    so juve shouldn't have gotten him in the first place:)

we could've saved that money and held onto vds for one more season or bought a lesser keeper then and then someone else during the 02/03 pre-season.35m was really a case of overspending,and the worst thing is,hardly anyone thinks so.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #185
    ++ [ originally posted by yoli ] ++

actually that's the point
    he just can't repeat his performances at parma coz he didn't really risk there - to lose scudetto, champ's ligue etc.
    so he could do miracle to impress ;) and to result :)
    but here he should always think about the result, he can't risk because every missed goal will be counted and will be critisized by U ;)
    i hope you understand what i mean...
    that's true,he had fewer things to think about at parma but that's the basic perequisite of being a great keeper:you have to play well,pressure or no.

i do think he has let in some unimpressive goals but he has saved more difficult ones before,so i'm at least glad he hasn't been exactly horrific.can't say i'm content though.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

yes,but buffon doesn't do either as well as many make him out to be,and certainly not well enough for juve in my opinion.i have to say that he's been excellent of late though:)it's just not happening enough:(
    So what would you suggest?

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #187
    give him till end of season,if he can keep it up,give him another season.if he shows any signs of slipping up,get stekelenburg and sell him.

anyways,if barca(or any other team) offer us in excess of 25m for him i'll sell him,good form or no.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #195
    he's a bigger name,but that's the problem with many fans:they think he's good and everything because he is a big name.i'd want someone better,not bigger.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I think that over the 2 legs, Buffon proved he's much better than Casillas, and most importantly the best keeper in the world.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #198
    excellent performances,minor bloopers(3,to be exact) in both legs but overall he played well and rose to the occasion.if he can play like that more regularly i'd have no complaints.

Nov 1, 2002
    buffon is great keeper he saved many dangerous balls
    he is one of the best keeper in the world... in my opinion he is the best
    and ... i dont think juve are that stupid to buy keeper for 35m
    remember how he saved the free kick from baggio for the last match against juve i dont think there is keeper is quicker and faster than him
    about casillas : he is doing many many mistakes and no compaire with buffon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)