don't shoot me! (2 Viewers)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #162
    lac,do you merely expect consistency from a 35m buy?i'd think not.he SHOULD be doing something phenomenal.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Well If saw Lazios' match Then There is no need to say anything.

absolutly The best GK:strong:. The Best performance So far:thumb::star:.

I guess Buffon have been on top form lately Due to Your criticism so Keep Critising Him more pLeaaaaaaaaaaase;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++

Like what Exactly ????
    Probably they expect him to walk on water, become Serie A's top scorer and have the highest number of assists.

Actually that wouldn't be enough, and probably would require him to become the new Moggi and buy the best players around :D

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Probably they expect him to walk on water, become Serie A's top scorer and have the highest number of assists.

Actually that wouldn't be enough, and probably would require him to become the new Moggi and buy the best players around :D
    yeah :LOL: May be He should be Awarded The Fifa world Player of the Year.To satsify Them.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    Buffon is the best GK in the world right now. And he's very young.
    He could play at juve for another 15 years. I never questioned him, even when he did mistakes. The best goalie we could get, i think.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #171
    come on people,be realistic.

he's a good keeper,no doubt,but there are definitely better ones.even younger ones.

that said,
    in the real match he was excellent and produced two great saves,esp. the one from zidane's FK.we do owe him alot for those saves.that was some performance:thumb:

but i have to say it was long overdue.we expected something like that two seasons ago but it's only come now.i'm glad it has though.

on a sidenote,i'm quite,quite disappointed with ronaldo's goal.it was surely saveable,even after those great saves i'd expect him to save that one.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #173
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
    The best goalie we could get, i think.
    that is a good point.:)we probably couldn't have gotten a better keeper THEN,and that shows how good he was then.his failure to repeat those performances at parma until now isn't justified though.and we don't know if they will last.you don't pay 35m pounds to wait two years,also considering that keepers take hardly any time to adapt at all,or at least less than their upfield colleagues.

but he was the best we could have gotten then because keepers like stekelenburg and frey hadn't shined yet.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #174
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++

by saving 99 from 100 shots?
    what have i said to make you think that?the majority of the goals he has conceded lately have been largely saveable but he has failed to do so.if demanding that from a 35m buy is being unreasonable then we shouldn't have bought him at all.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #175
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++

Like what Exactly ????
    making world class saves,consistent performances,and in this case,improve drastically on his catching.

look at the real match.he could have caused two goals to be conceded because he dropped two easy catches,the one he failed to hold onto while kneeling down would have been caught by rampulla if he were playing,does anyone here doubt that?

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

making world class saves,consistent performances,and in this case,improve drastically on his catching.

look at the real match.he could have caused two goals to be conceded because he dropped two easy catches,the one he failed to hold onto while kneeling down would have been caught by rampulla if he were playing,does anyone here doubt that?
    wow!!:eek:
    can we sign you as GK?
    you must be great to say that it should be easy catches .

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    on a sidenote,i'm quite,quite disappointed with ronaldo's goal.it was surely saveable,even after those great saves i'd expect him to save that one.
    :LOL: May I remind that Ronaldo is an absolutely top class striker? Most forwards would have missed that shot but Ron didn't, because he's really good. And that's not Buffon at fault, no keeper is capable of covering the entire goal.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #178
    but he was very close,and it's partly his fault cos he failed to anticipate it and thought it was going to the far post when it went to his near post.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    para, i gotta ask u this. what do keepers do thats particularly phenomenal apart from stop shots and look good in front of the cameras doing so??

they dont have the opportunities to do much more than that very often....dont u think?

Brunhilde

Apr 29, 2003
    Paranoia, thanks for your welcoming.

However,
    your arguments, themselves are not convincing that Buffon is out of top goalies. What I got from your posts is that he may not worth such huge amount of money. Standing upon your criteria, the goalkeepers on the so-called top 10 list (listed before and I couldn't recall the name of the poster) are even lousier. Some of them are just shining occasionally in front of the wide broadcasting camera which you occationally pay most attention.

No body can "consistently" perform "phenomenal", which not only applies to soccer.

Kahn even does not, sometimes he performs shitty,

and I agree to one of the post, though Buffon doesn't make great progress along with his pricemark, he still performed best in the Seria A for the past two seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)