dont shoot me! vol. 2 (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++
oh shit, i got myself into deep shit now :scared: :nervous:

i dont think he's a bad player at all...the point of the thread and my point is that DP's a bit of a waste of talent when he coulda been something great IMHO

yes i know it's not easy, especially once being the golden boy of italy..but i dont understand why players like Raul or Henry etc can still be so exciting to watch and still cope with all tha pressure.

i 100% agree with jules that DP thinks too much on the ball..

about the zalayeta think, i really think even zalayeta is jumpy than DP...all the time when DP gets the ball, he runs with the ball, gets fouled or just does nothing gr8, things that most average players can do..
Henry? You have got to be kidding, Henry plays very well when the going is all smooth but disappears in the real big games
Throwing away the league is all about pressure and he was one of hte main factors that Arsenal buckled, what happened when pressure was off they beat Southampton 6-1 with Henry sparkling whereas there was a distinct surrender against Man united, Bolton and Leeds

In the wc, do u remember him doing a thing apart from being sent off

Raul, I am sure gets the same stick as Dp in Spain as Spain have done nothing internationally and he is at Real Madrid where its easy to be good with all the talent around you but he has coped evry well but I do not agree he is exciting, he just a magnificent player who does the simple things very well

I get your point about wasted talent as I think like me that Dp should have least at some point in his career being a main candidate for European player of the year but he hasnt come close in a long time

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    wazzup lac...jumping off building eh? ;)

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Henry? You have got to be kidding, Henry plays very well when the going is all smooth but disappears in the real big games
    Throwing away the league is all about pressure and he was one of hte main factors that Arsenal buckled, what happened when pressure was off they beat Southampton 6-1 with Henry sparkling whereas there was a distinct surrender against Man united, Bolton and Leeds

In the wc, do u remember him doing a thing apart from being sent off
    he still is much more consistent than DP this season and last season IMO..DP's either great(quite rarely) or really terrible..hardly ever in between...i still hate that SOB henry BTW

Raul, I am sure gets the same stick as Dp in Spain as Spain have done nothing internationally and he is at Real Madrid where its easy to be good with all the talent around you but he has coped evry well but I do not agree he is exciting, he just a magnificent player who does the simple things very well
    raul was a fantastic player even when Ronaldo, ZZ, and Figo was there...and still is..
    not exciting? not much anymore i guess because most of the time the middyfield does all tha fancy stuff and gives him a tap in...
    if ur saying that Raul only plays well because of the quality around him, then r u saying that Dp doesnt have the sufficient:)eek: fancy word no.1) amount of talent around him to be magnificent?

I get your point about wasted talent as I think like me that Dp should have least at some point in his career being a main candidate for European player of the year but he hasnt come close in a long time
    finally u agree wit me on something...
    i really cant see why dp cant be in contention for even the Europe playa of the year when even Owen can win it...amazing

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    imo his habits will be hard to change,he isn't the sort of player who likes to play one touch football that players like tudor,davids and neddy can when neccesary.he almost always tries to dribble his way out of things and takes a long time deciding how to,and by then it's usually too late:(

but i have to say i still find his aerial control(juggling, chipping, chesting,nodding the ball)superb:thumb:especially the use of the chest,it's the best you can find out there:)

and i still think he dispatches the ball very well,especially when lobbing across the field:cheesy:

i believe he still has some magic left for juve.:)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    I agree that Del Piero was crap in the last champions league games. he was so crapy in those game I started questioning his ability :eek:

but I surly know this was not the best out of del piero. Del Piero is Del Piero, and when he is on form... he is great and no one can take it from him. seeing all the goals he has scored in serie A this season, I think Del Piero has something most of the players doesn't have. everything he does is so gentle and his touch is fantastic.
    what is we won the final against Dortmund? he scored a fantastic goal. this is something to remember!

on the whole, I don't agree with you. still i'm well aware of the fact he is crap in the last few games.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    but I surly know this was not the best out of del piero. Del Piero is Del Piero, and when he is on form...

the problem is that he's never on form for a long period of time..he's either good for a few matches n then suddenly plays crapp...

when waz the last time he was on good form for a long time eh? ;)

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    he was great but not on every match, especially in the Cl..there waz games he wasnt really good...he was gr8 but not in every match...dont let the goals fool you, quite a few of them are penalties

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    he was great but not on every match, especially in the Cl..there waz games he wasnt really good...he was gr8 but not in every match...dont let the goals fool you, quite a few of them are pe
    nalties

Are Zidane, Figo, Raual, Ronaldo, Nedved, Rudd, Henri.....great on every match :confused: ????

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    about the zalayeta think, i really think even zalayeta is jumpy than DP...all the time when DP gets the ball, he runs with the ball, gets fouled or just does nothing gr8, things that most average players can do..
    Does Zala know how to pass, dribble creat a nice ball??? NOOOOOO ... zala is nothing .. you can not copare zala with any football player .. he is nothing

Who would not remember DP in 1997/98 ... He was the best that year

yoli

Aug 3, 2002
    wow i'm impressed now! never thought dp would be critisized in juve forum ;)
    personally i for the last 7 years think that:
    1. dp is overrated for his so called abilities
    2. dp is overprotected from everything (juve gets rid of talented players who play at his position - for instance baggio)
    3. dp is under pressure of all the overestimates so he probably feels like he has to do great but he can't!
    4. the main reasons why he is in juve are:
    4.1. he's italian (do you see what i mean?)
    4.2. there is no italian better than him (actually now you can name totti but he wasn't great a couple of years ago...)
    4.3. lippi likes him (their characters are alike :D) )
    4.4. agnellis like him (can't find suitable reason but anyway)

ok. i've said that. now i feel better :) but fortunately it wasn't me who started this thread :D :angel:
    BUT
    after saying all that i have 2 add that if anyone who's not a juventino says a word about dp i'll be the 1st 2 shoot him :D :embarass:

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    woow YOLI :eek: half-:thumb:

++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
    Who would not remember DP in 1997/98 ... He was the best that year
    a great player isnt about 1 season

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    I just wanna say that i dont HATE del piero..i just think itz just a bit of disapointment..i still think he a good player, but he could be so much better

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    woow YOLI :eek: half-:thumb:

a great player isnt about 1 season
    what about 95/96 and 96/97 ???? what about last year and the first half of this year ???????

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by yoli ] ++
    wow i'm impressed now! never thought dp would be critisized in juve forum ;)
    personally i for the last 7 years think that:
    1. dp is overrated for his so called abilities
    2. dp is overprotected from everything (juve gets rid of talented players who play at his position - for instance baggio)
    3. dp is under pressure of all the overestimates so he probably feels like he has to do great but he can't!
    4. the main reasons why he is in juve are:
    4.1. he's italian (do you see what i mean?)
    4.2. there is no italian better than him (actually now you can name totti but he wasn't great a couple of years ago...)
    4.3. lippi likes him (their characters are alike :D) )
    4.4. agnellis like him (can't find suitable reason but anyway)

ok. i've said that. now i feel better :) but fortunately it wasn't me who started this thread :D :angel:
    BUT
    after saying all that i have 2 add that if anyone who's not a juventino says a word about dp i'll be the 1st 2 shoot him :D :embarass:
    yoli, that must have been hidden soo deep inside of you :eek::D
    I've never seen symptom of this ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by yoli ] ++
    Get your facts straight. You may question his abilities now, but no doubt he was one of the best players in the world at one point (together with Ronaldo 97/98), and most people would say it was absolutely right selling the expensive, tired Baggio for DP. We haven't exactly done bad with him.

And Ahmed: yes, what about 95/96 and 96/97? Did you think he played bad?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    lets think this way:

the year that pippo and zidane left, delpiero was coming back from a heavy injury, and in that season he was really crappy.

IN the next year, when neddy and company arrives, he improved a lot, being with trezeguet, one of the most succesfull couples of that year in serie A.

This year , was so irregular for him, and injuries did his job again, so the next year he will come back, as he did last year.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    And Ahmed: yes, what about 95/96 and 96/97? Did you think he played bad?
    get your head straight, i think he meant that DP played well during that time...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)