Done deal, Samuel is galatico (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Samuel sold to Real
Thursday 20 May, 2004

Walter Samuel is no longer a Roma player after he was sold to Real Madrid for £17.8m.

Reports this morning suggested that a deal was close and negotiations were concluded this evening.

Real beat Premiership giants Chelsea to Samuel’s signature after the stopper was made available for transfer.

It is believed that the former Boca Juniors ace will net around £2.8m a season for the next five years.

Samuel is set to fly out to Spain on Saturday before being presented to the media as a Real Madrid player on Monday.

The defender becomes the second man to leave the Giallorossi in the space of 24 hours after Jonathan Zebina signed for Juventus.

Brazilian midfielder Emerson could soon follow as reports suggest that he has already agreed to join Juve too. However, the two clubs haven’t agreed a fee.

===

Everyone has been laughing at Real for ignoring their one huge weakness and now they've come to realize it themselves. Samuel is sealed and prepare to see Real back in the running for Europe's top trophy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
hmm.... we are having less and less excuse to deny Real Madrid now.... they only need one more CB and a true defensive midfielder to make a perfect first eleven.... they still would have depth problem though....

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
Were does RM get the money???
They can do a Ronaldo and pay only half the money. They are even more powerful than FIFA !!

Now Real need to sign a 'real' defensive midfielder and I think their team will finally be complete.

Anyway, that's another great player leaving Serie A. I hope the others stay.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
They deal very quickly...
17 million is a lot of money and Perez treats it as though it was nothing...

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Great buy from Madrid. Finally a defender and not any defender. Perhaps the best defender there is and for a really good price.
Madrid has conceded 50 goals this season while Barcelona conceded 37 and Valencia only 26. With Samuel I am sure they can reduce that number to about 35.
I feel we are having another Real Madrid era coming...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Shit...rela madrid are working on their defence....

Now we will have a problem. And about samuel leaving the serie A...is sad... I mean.. most of the spanish and premier teams come to italy to sntach the best players around.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I think it is too late for Madrid to buy defenders... they should've done it last year. RM players are getting older. Bonds between players are braking apart. They have to change a lot of things to become competative again.

Forza Barcelona!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)