Domenico Criscito (129 Viewers)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Criscito: 'Juve aren't the same'
Sunday 5 September, 2010
Domenico Criscito grew up in their youth system, but notes “Juventus aren’t the same club as a few years ago. I’m happier at Genoa.”

The defender had the opportunity to return to Turin this summer, but made it clear he preferred to stay at Marassi.

“Juventus aren’t the same club as a few years ago, but aside from that I made this choice with my heart,” Criscito told Sky Sport Italia.

“I effectively matured here and I hope to stay at Genoa for a long time to come.

“President Enrico Preziosi did some wonderful deals on the transfer market and we hope to have a great season.

“For now we aren’t setting specific objectives, but with the team we’ve got right now it’s clear we can reach Europe.”

Criscito went to the World Cup in South Africa, but has so far not been called up by new Italy boss Cesare Prandelli.

“I hoped for a call, but it’s up to me to do well in Serie A with Genoa and that way I’ll earn my place in the squad.

“I almost play in midfield here, but also have to work as a defender, so I can be a full-back too. In any case, I saw Cristian Molinaro play against Estonia and he did very well. He’s my friend, I’m happy for him.”

http://www.football-italia.net/sep05c.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)