Domenico Criscito (136 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Criscito owes it to Genoa
Tuesday 11 August, 2009
Domenico Criscito insists his decision to leave Juventus for Genoa in January 2008 is a factor behind his maiden international call-up.

“A change of air was good for me,” noted the 1986-born former Under-21 international.

The youngster was included in Marcello Lippi’s Italy squad for the first time at the weekend as the Azzurri prepare to take on Switzerland tomorrow night.

The Naples-born player has always been touted for a great future but doubts emerged after his unhappy spell at Juventus in 2007-08.

Signed on a permanent basis from Genoa following Juve’s promotion to Serie A, Criscito struggled to impress as a centre-back for the Old Lady and after just eight League games he was back at Marassi on loan.

Criscito has been re-born under the guidance of Coach Gian Piero Gasperini who has also decided to use him as an attacking full-back rather than a traditional Italian stopper.

“The change of position has also helped me,” he added. “Gasperini told me that I would be playing wide just 30 minutes before the derby against Sampdoria last season.

“I like the role that he has given me. It allows me to push further forward and don’t forget that I also scored three goals too last season.”

And after catching the eye of Lippi, Criscito is hoping to become a firm fixture in the Giro Azzurro despite the competition for places.

“I know that Fabio Grosso and Andrea Dossena are already in the ranks, but I want to demonstrate that I am ready for international football.”

Early indications suggest that Lippi is considering starting Wednesday’s game with Criscito on the left.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
i wonder if he'l ever want to come back but with ferrara at the helm of things and with guaranteed champions league football i really hope he returns next yr

he should be our primary target next year as hes someone who could take over our weak left back spot for years to come

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
that cuz of fukin ranieri being a shitty manager and gasperini being an exceptional one
His problems with the managers should stay on the manager level and not be lifted to the club's level. Criscito the infidel lifts it to the club level, he doesn't mention the managers.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Has anyone actually read what Criscito said?

A change of air was good for me

It's stating the truth, not criticising Juve or talking up Genoa particularly.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
We had both chiellini and Criscito. We were playing Criscito in the center and Chiellini in the side. Now Chiellini is a great CB and Ciscito is turning into a very good LB..

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Ranieri a "good team builder" and "good with youngsters" my freakin' penis dick.
He's actually good with low-mid table teams and can reach somewhat near the upper-mid positions but nothing more than that since his loser mentality stands in the way of more success. He's absolutely shit with youngsters, but tend to use useless no names like Molinaro and Marchionni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)