Domenico Criscito (9 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know why any of this stuff is a surprise to anyone.

We'll sign Grosso for a season and we'll get Criscito back in a year, if we want him.

No big deal.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
icεmαή;2047651 said:
We are getting Grosso for 2 million or so, which we got when we sent Mellberg to Greece. If we really wanted Criscito back we would get him. Either he isn't part of Ciro's plan or he himself didn't want to come back. Next season they can buy the other half if they want to for another 6 million or so. We'd still have sold him for a total fee of about 11-12 million which is good value. Bottom line is that we didn't get screwed by Genoa, we let them have a half.
But Ciro said he wants him!!
And Genoa has the right to postpone their final decision by the end of his loan-contract. So we have to wait until then to make our final move.
If we give away the money Genoa will gives us now, to transfer and upkeep Grosso.
We wont be able to use that sum to overbid them. And we wont risk losing him now, as we can tell that they cant shove of 12mil right now.
But 5.5 now and 6-7 next year is totally achievable for them. We are just making it way to easy for them...
Even if we intend to sell Criscito (Napoli) it is a mistake to concede him like that.

If we force Genoa to give us 12mil at hand, then we can find a proper replacement.
Or we can use him as a trade object to get a more valuable player from Napoli.
There is no sense, letting him go, for virtually, half of his price. (the first half will be wasted on Grosso and wont be usable next year)

Mar 14, 2004
For 6mil we can challange for Andre Santos,it's now obvious that we don't want him and he'll do better in Genoa I wish him all the luck in the world and someday when he grows into anything near the competent defender,to come back here. He's a perfect man for the left centerback in 3 man defense,we need a calssy leftback.....I hope ti will be A.Santos,if not,Grosso will do for one or 2 years.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
If it's done, then it's done. We will see how he performs next year. For now, if he's not ready to take the starting spot, then he will be better in Genoa because he can improve. And Paolo Sosa, I'm not saying Juve mistreated him. I just think the Criscito thing reflexes inconsistence of the board's plan and Criscito is unlucky to have become the sacrifice because he had a better season than Molinaro and De Ceglie did in Siena and still can't get an opportunity in Juve because now the board's plan is to oppoint Grosso and Co (proven players).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But Ciro said he wants him!!
And Genoa has the right to postpone their final decision by the end of his loan-contract. So we have to wait until then to make our final move.
If we give away the money Genoa will gives us now, to transfer and upkeep Grosso.
We wont be able to use that sum to overbid them. And we wont risk losing him now, as we can tell that they cant shove of 12mil right now.
But 5.5 now and 6-7 next year is totally achievable for them. We are just making it way to easy for them...
Even if we intend to sell Criscito (Napoli) it is a mistake to concede him like that.

If we force Genoa to give us 12mil at hand, then we can find a proper replacement.
Or we can use him as a trade object to get a more valuable player from Napoli.
There is no sense, letting him go, for virtually, half of his price. (the first half will be wasted on Grosso and wont be usable next year)
Why did you ignore what Iceman said that the money we got from Mellberg will be used for Grosso?

Mar 14, 2004
If it's done, then it's done. We will see how he performs next year. For now, if he's not ready to take the starting spot, then he will be better in Genoa because he can improve. And Paolo Sosa, I'm not saying Juve mistreated him. I just think the Criscito thing reflexes inconsistence of the board's plan and Criscito is unlucky to have become the sacrifice because he had a better season than Molinaro and De Ceglie did in Siena and still can't get an opportunity in Juve because now the board's plan is to oppoint Grosso and Co (proven players).

Yea,he did have a better season but on different position m8

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I believe Criscito told Genoa he would stay with them because they are the team that gave him the chance to prove himself. If they ask him to stay, he's not going to leave...even if Juve wanted him back. So I believe that if Genoa are willing to pay the co-ownership fee...Criscito will stay with them. The main reason I think he would stay at Genoa is loyalty.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Yea,he did have a better season but on different position m8
This has been discussed in another thread. So no comment.
Dossena also played WB of 3-4-3 in Udinese and was a backup in Liverpoor for the LM position (not LB). The difference is Criscito before being moved to the WB position, was a defender and Dossena never learns to defend.

Mar 14, 2004
This has been discussed in another thread. So no comment.
Dossena also played WB of 3-4-3 in Udinese and was a backup in Liverpoor for the LM position (not LB). The difference is Criscito before being moved to the WB position, was a defender and Dossena never learns to defend.

man,Mario Stanic was an attacker playing in the same position in a 3-4-1-2 formation and he was a STRIKER(in NT he played RM,and he was good.)! Another thing. Cristico played 30+ games as a CENTER BACK for genoa. His original position was CENTERBACK. And yesterday,the comentator on RAI clearly stated: CRISTICO DIDIN'T SUPPORT GIOVINCIO ENOUGH IN FIRST HALF ON THAT LEFT FLANK,BECAUSE HE'S A CENTERBACK WHO CAN WHEN NEEDED; PLAY LEFTBACK AND LEFT MIDFIELD

And again,LM isn't the same position as LB....... there are players who can play both,but it just isn't the same position

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
man,Mario Stanic was an attacker playing in the same position in a 3-4-1-2 formation and he was a STRIKER(in NT he played RM,and he was good.)! Another thing. Cristico played 30+ games as a CENTER BACK for genoa. His original position was CENTERBACK. And yesterday,the comentator on RAI clearly stated: CRISTICO DIDIN'T SUPPORT GIOVINCIO ENOUGH IN FIRST HALF ON THAT LEFT FLANK,BECAUSE HE'S A CENTERBACK WHO CAN WHEN NEEDED; PLAY LEFTBACK AND LEFT MIDFIELD

And again,LM isn't the same position as LB....... there are players who can play both,but it just isn't the same position
I’ve watched enough Genoa's matches of last season to know that he played WB for at least 25+ matches and made 3 assists and 3 goals. He only played CB for emergency now.
(You can go to Gazzetta's website to check formation of every team in every "giornata" anyway). It was the same position Pessotto played when Juve used a 3-men defense formation. A WB is essentially a fullback in a 4-men defense. Anyway, it's useless to discuss this with you. :andyandbarcelona:
He played CB before it's not like he can't change his position.

He only played CB in emergency now.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
when i was reading that interview from a few days back i was hoping he mentions our team in some retrospect but nothing. The option given to Genoa was stupid and he may have said what he said because he knew that his destination was either Genoa or Napoli.

But still he should show something, right now I would take a banged up DC over him ( you never know though, remember the Chiellini situation a few years back).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)