Domenico Criscito (136 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I don't like this situation one bit. He's a Juve player ffs, you'd expect we'd have more say in this matter.

Guess we'll have to sit and wait how this works out, and hope for the best.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
My bet is he's posturing to keep Palladino. My bet is he's hoping that if he talks tough, Juventus will come to the table and release Palladino in exchange for Genoa not taking their chances on trying to secure Criscito. Even then, I thought Genoa only had the option to secure 50%. Wouldn't Juventus then be able to call them into bid for the other half?

I highly doubt anything is 99% probable for Genoa. If they knew they had Criscito, why would they be rumored to be after Dossena?

Mar 30, 2006
I don't like this situation one bit. He's a Juve player ffs, you'd expect we'd have more say in this matter.

Guess we'll have to sit and wait how this works out, and hope for the best.
He is half a Juve player who was sent away on loan with an option to buy the other half at the end of the loan. I was never optimistic about him returning because the ball was always in their court. At least Ciro made it clear he wanted him back but Criscito likes playing in Genoa and was alienated here last season. His treatment after the Roma game was unforgivable really.

We can continue to hope for the 1% chance the Genoa president spoke of but I hope we do not just grab ahold of any old LB just because we lose Criscito (if we infact do lose him)

I would sooner start DC (if he is ready to be a starter or not) than go with some shmuck LB and force another good youngster out. We should take a lesson from Mourinho.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
My bet is he's posturing to keep Palladino. My bet is he's hoping that if he talks tough, Juventus will come to the table and release Palladino in exchange for Genoa not taking their chances on trying to secure Criscito. Even then, I thought Genoa only had the option to secure 50%. Wouldn't Juventus then be able to call them into bid for the other half?

I highly doubt anything is 99% probable for Genoa. If they knew they had Criscito, why would they be rumored to be after Dossena?
This is exactly the way I feel as well. Palla is the bargaining chip, and I think we should work a deal to sell him outright to Genoa.

He is half a Juve player who was sent away on loan with an option to buy the other half at the end of the loan. I was never optimistic about him returning because the ball was always in their court. At least Ciro made it clear he wanted him back but Criscito likes playing in Genoa and was alienated here last season. His treatment after the Roma game was unforgivable really.

We can continue to hope for the 1% chance the Genoa president spoke of but I hope we do not just grab ahold of any old LB just because we lose Criscito (if we infact do lose him)

I would sooner start DC (if he is ready to be a starter or not) than go with some shmuck LB and force another good youngster out. We should take a lesson from Mourinho.
He's a Juventus player, on loan at Genoa. We own him 100% right now, Genoa have an option to buy half of his contract. If they do this, it more than likely means we can't come to any sort of agreement, and then I believe there would be a blind auction for the other half of his contract.

Plus, our relationship with Genoa would likely be in the shitter, which isn't great for us, but is definitely worse for them.

This is from WIKI, so it can't be confirmed 100%, but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

"Criscito started his professional career at Genoa, for which made his debut in Serie B in June 2003 at the age of 16. In the summer of 2004 Genoa sold 50% of the rights to Juventus for €150.000. He played for the youth team of Juventus in the following two seasons, winning the Italian youth championship in 2006 and scoring the opening goal in the final match against Fiorentina. In 2006-2007 he went to play for Genoa, this time in the first team, proving himself as one of the best Serie B defenders and earning a place in Italy's Under-21 national team.
In January 2007, Juventus bought the remaining 50% of Criscito for a combined price of €7.5 million. This was paid by the co-ownership of Masiello and Konko to Genoa, and €5.25 million. He also signed a new contract with Juventus which will last until June 30, 2011."

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Give them Palla! and bring criscito back!

Wtf is happening with him.... pack ur bags and get ur ass in turin asap!

And secoo!!! come on man do something XD

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
but they have a buyout clause right?
well yes, but they will have to pay something like 15 million euros to get him at least. the half genoa can buy costs 6.9 euros, but i think in a bidding war secco would go pretty far. i don't think genoa are willing to pay such money for him, at least i highly doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)