Domenico Criscito (6 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our Konko? I missed that part. Kudos for being honest and adding one point to my cause. It is such a pleasure to interact with such a debater!!!

I remember some members here were pretty excited with those konkos, Budianskys or smth, a forward and a guy loaned out to Basel, but i only saw/remember Massiello. I reckon they overrated them and had some high hopes/expectations never meant to be met,
but i dont think we should be so hurry to offload them for nothing. I wonder if their contracts carried any Moggi taint or smth, to justify those hasty decisions.

But i held a grudge on Secco for letting Massiello go for nothing, i mean common, him, the konko guy (who was supposed to be even better) and 5mil for a 50% we should never concede in the first place and could have been enough to buy Milito, instead of Andrade!!!

I was really disappointed by that, but at least i thought, that we left those things behind.
I cant stand the idea that we might lose one more player (Palla), even more money, or worse Criscito himself!!

Great work for tracking back all those sums with accuracy Alen, i know it has to be a hard job, for those little names and esp as they years are passing by!!
Thank you for everything, not only the facts, but by also for helping me understand the situation and feed my appetite for more knowledge!!

A true jewel this guy, if only he wasnt a Moli lover:p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does anyone know for certain if he even wants to come back? That may help us in the end if he does (hopefully)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ps. I'd like to know where/how alen gets these stats from. I'd like to think he writes it all down in a little black book that he keeps tucked safelt under his bed...

:pumpkin:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But i held a grudge on Secco for letting Massiello go for nothing, i mean common, him, the konko guy (who was supposed to be even better) and 5mil for a 50% we should never concede in the first place and could have been enough to buy Milito, instead of Andrade!!!
Don't get me wrong.... i also see it as a work of an amateur.
I was saying that it's not going to be the end of the world if we lose Criscito to Genoa for 11.6m eur, but i do agree with you that buying 50% of him in 2007 for 7.5m (5.25m+ 2 youngsters) was too much. Way too much.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Ps. I'd like to know where/how alen gets these stats from. I'd like to think he writes it all down in a little black book that he keeps tucked safelt under his bed...

:pumpkin:
Yeah, me too:lol:
Don't get me wrong.... i also see it as a work of an amateur.
I was saying that it's not going to be the end of the world if we lose Criscito to Genoa for 11.6m eur, but i do agree with you that buying 50% of him in 2007 for 7.5m (5.25m+ 2 youngsters) was too much. Way too much.
I know:tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, i can't help you with the transfers in and out of the club for the seasons before last season, because you don't have all of them in one place, but if you wanna see all the transfers from 2007/08 and 2008/09 and the money we paid/recieved, you can check the Wikipedia italian version of Juventus' page.

For season 2008/09 check here (check below our squad):
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Football_Club_2008-2009

For season 2007/08 check here:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_Football_Club_2007-2008

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If ranieri is still here it might do us well to just sell our youngsters and make a profit since he is so damn reluctant to play them. No point in wasting anyones career. If he stays I'd like some guarantees that the youngsters will be playing much more. He always says he picks his selection on best form, I'd hate to think that Gio doesn't try in practice to earn his spot. CR is rubbish.

I still really want Criscito back...I still have a good feeling about him...only Ranieri I am worried about. That kid will give one back performance and back to Genoa he will go.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
or just look here ...
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/verein/506/juventus-turin/transfers/uebersicht.html

you can even choose the season you wanna see

in green the income, in red the expenses and after the "=" income minus expenses
Yeah, good site. Thanks.
They don't have some info though. For example, they have a question mark for De Ceglie and Ekdal and some of the numbers are different from the official numbers. (we didn't pay 15m eur for Tiago and we certainly didn't pay 2.5m eur for Manninger).
But it's still very useful for some past seasons, especially the pre-Calciopoli seasons of which is pretty hard to find info.

Thanks again.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchisio is the only exception IMO. De Ceglie and Ariaudo play as last resorts when no one else is available....what kind of faith does that show a youngster? Nocerino was sold, Criscito was loaned....twice and Molinaro is not technically a youngster.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sorry, forgot to mention: Criscito played a lot at another club and Ariaudo had what 3 games as he was a last resort? That is hardly a lot. Just marchisio because Sissoko was hurt, Tiago was hurt, Zanetti was hurt, ekdal is still too young, Pouslen was hurt. Marchisio in terms of injury was the most consistent this year. He stayed the healthiest. Gio, there is no excuse for not playing him. Now DC might play cuz molinaro is injured...that sucks, I would feel horrible knowing I was a last resort and only get picked when a sniper takes everyone down one by one.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Molinaro is a nerd. I thought we established that fact a long time ago :p

He looks a lot like those vendors and Kiosk owners down in Nicosia, a lot older than his age seems to suggest :p

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
I remember Ranieri playing Marchisio at the beginning of this season when there were other options. It's not like he played him only becuase everyone was injured.
It's not true that Ranieri doesn't play youngsters. It's just he also has his favourites. IMHO, he doesn't like using Giovinco, not becuase Gio is young but obviously player of this type is not his cup of tea.
The problem is Ranieri's tactical and mental approach (defensive football, for example) not that he doesn't have confidence with a player because he is young.
In Criscito's case, Ranieri showed faith in him at first (He was Ranieri's first choice of CB actually if I recall correctly). Again Ranieri's error was tactical-playing a 20-year-old kid who never played in Serie A and was physically weak as a CB in a big team like Juve.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
A bit of both. He is defensive and cautious, and likes all his players to track back and aid the defense, and for that reason he feels that experience sometimes wins over, which makes him reluctant to play some youngsters (Giovinco and DC due to their defensive deficiencies), while experimenting with others (such as Marchisio).

It's a limited approach in my view, and some might say cowardly, but hey, we don't have to put up with it for much longer :p

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
".that sucks, I would feel horrible knowing I was a last resort and only get picked when a sniper takes everyone down one by one."

What a wonderful idea...Angels of Death hiding in the crowd, waiting to take out any of our players who consistently prove beyond all doubt, that they are useless, and if they dont leave under their own steam, they get popped...

I would very much like to see Criscito back in the ranks and given a fair stab at the left back position. He has maintained a place in a hufely over achieving Genoa side, and the left back position has been a problem for us all season...it would be a sure sign that our manager and directors were too ignorant of footballing matters to validate their roles at the club.

Molinaro. And De Ceglie...Perhaps De Ceglie could improve, given the right circumstances, and I like to see him crossing the ball, driving forward, as he does that far more confidently, than molinaro. But he is not ready. Maybe Criscito is...

MAJOR PROBLEMS OF CURRENT TEAM:
no quality on the flanks of defence....
Lack of energy, and talent in the wide midfielders pool...

We can cure half of the first problem, just be recalling Criscito. I know that Genoa have an option to take him, but i cannot imagine that his abortive first stab at playing in our first team has scarred him severely enough to hold him back from jumping at the chance to rejoin the juve ranks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)