Domenico Criscito (18 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Well, he looks good again and I would love to have him back.

But you guys are making a jesus out of him. When he was he the first time he sucked badly!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's time to see him again next to our guys.He deserves a second chance in Juve and no, not a saviour or anything but better option than Molinaro whatever tha case.We have too many holes in our team so we can't afford to buy a new LB as well and he got the potential so he could come out really good but it's all up to us now.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
but surely we should be able to refuse the payment and demand OUR player back? or am i being too nieve?
It's a foward contractual agreement, what you just said is completely unrealistic and goes against the very essence of a contract. Also, Juventus has no contratual right to counter bid the 5.900.000 for a set price, so it will be up to Genoa's discression to sell the other 50%

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
It's time to see him again next to our guys.He deserves a second chance in Juve and no, not a saviour or anything but better option than Molinaro whatever tha case.We have too many holes in our team so we can't afford to buy a new LB as well and he got the potential so he could come out really good but it's all up to us now.
right....

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
But I see him as a CB in future. If we play 4-3-1-2, Mimmo is not the right answer! De Ceglie would be my pick here!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Right, but in a complete different position. Playing the left-back position in the above mentioned formation takes a lot of technical abbitliy and offensive skills.
De Ceglie all the way. Let him have an injury free season, get him more playing time, and he will become that great offensive left-back we all want!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well it looks like that we will have to do that because we have just lost Criscito most likely.

But I don't really like De Ceglie's defensive ablities.It's not like it should be something perfect but I don't know if I'd rely on him that easy.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
His positioning has to get better, but his one on one abbility is good, and don't forget his great crosses. Right now, he is a lot more suited to a 4-3-1-2 than Criscito will be in the next 2 years, I say.

Still, he is a talent, you just don't miss out on. If he doesn't come back, we better get another young guy, otherwise the Canna deal losses 50% of value!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I prefer 4-3-2-1 but that formation requires much more than 4-4-2 (the one where he played)...much more job for him so I'll have to watch him play there first.

But yes I agree, he's talented and pretty good in attack.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Everything about De Ceglie's defensive game is really poor, his tackling, marking, positioning and his game reading is way off and would have to improve markedly before I would be comfortable putting him as a starting LB, maybe that traitor bloke whose name starts with a C could help him out with that?

Genoa's president has already expressed that he will in fact bid and therefore retain Criscito for next season and IMO that's regardless of where Genoa finish in Serie A this term

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
but we'd still have 50% of him. what make's us unable to fight for him? :confused:

if they can say he has to play for them cuz they own 50% y can't we do the same?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Exacly. Lets not close the door on him too soon. Having Molinaro, Criscito and De Ceglie would give us depth in the squad and 3 different types of players for one position, as well players, who can play in 2-3 positions. Perfect for me.

And because of De Ceglie.... Gazzo, remember that this guy is young, and he can improve his defensive qualitys. Its not, as if he has been that bad. I see a lot of potential, and if I look at what this guy offers offensivly (he has great crosses, and is quick too), I give him a shot and let him play that position. Positioning and marking is something you learn with experience.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Even if Genoa have an option to buy him and we can't refuse such an offer, Criscito would be able to veto such a deal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Oh, and how many of the people who were wanting Criscito sold a year ago and saying how shit he was wil now come and slag off Secco for basically doing what they would have done?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Thats what I was trying to say before, Red. He badly sucked the year he was here. Yes, he does deserve another chance, but its not as if he is the hero that can solve every problem. There are other options on the market, that are better than him in the CB role, and thats the role where we lack prospects and we would need some.
Bottom line, yes, it would be nice to have him, but its not the end of the world if he stays at Genoa!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Oh, and how many of the people who were wanting Criscito sold a year ago and saying how shit he was wil now come and slag off Secco for basically doing what they would have done?

couldn`t remember anyone demanding the club to sell Criscito at the time, somebody did want him to go on loan, but not everyone. i even read some pages back, couldn`t find anyone who thought that criscito should be sold (or half of him). there might be one or two usual dumbasses, but i don`t think any member who posted here have said something like that.

still, we paid 7.5 euros for one-year-wonder, not-ready-for-big-club kid. and now genoa have an option to get their half back of now proven and still extremely young serie a defender for only 5.9 millions euros. i know we needed to motivate them somehow and stuff, but this aint logical :tdown: sooo, genoa buys their half and we have a bidding war which we probably win (cause i don`t think genoa could pay for one player something like 5.9+8.5 million euros) and overpay them? or the player have the right to choose playing for genoa for one more year?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:agree:

I for one am not convinced about Criscito, but there is enough promise there to warrant a 2nd opportunity

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont worry, if we want him back, we will get him back. And my opinion havent changed much on him, I wanted him around as a squad player back then, and now want the same, he has improved a bit, and is more valuable as being able to play LB real well now, so even more incentive to get him back. And as I said, if we want him, we will get him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)