Domenico Criscito (132 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Criscito: Genoa's like home
Thursday 29 May, 2008

Juventus defender Domenico Criscito has spoken of his desire to join Genoa on a permanent basis.

The talented 21-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan with the Rossoblu and is a favourite of Coach Gian Piero Gasperini.

“I do not know what will happen,” admitted Criscito. “Genoa and Juventus are currently discussing my next destination. They are working to find the right agreement.”

Criscito started the season at Juventus, but did not win the confidence of boss Claudio Ranieri.

The Roman tactician decided the Ligurian needed more experience and Genoa - who borrowed him last year - were keen to take him.

“At my age, it is crucial I play as many games as possible,” he explained. “I believe the situation will be resolved one way or the other in the next few days.”

Criscito made 16 appearances at the heart of Genoa's defence in Serie A and enjoys life at Marassi.

“I feel at home in Rossoblu. You cannot imagine how nice it is with the Grifone.”

Criscito remains ambitious though, and would have no problem returning to Juventus, who are back in the Champions League after a two-year absence.

“For sure, it would be fascinating to play for Juve in Europe. I calmly await their decision.”

The Italy Under-21 international is also looking forward to this summer's Beijing Olympics.

“Our objective has to be first place,” he said. “And, of course, the gold medal.”

Channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
He should be called back and play at left back, Criscito, De Ceglie and Molinaro is more than enough cover for the left back position and the money saved on buying a new left back could be used else where

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
He should be called back and play at left back, Criscito, De Ceglie and Molinaro is more than enough cover for the left back position and the money saved on buying a new left back could be used else where

And we would be left with two pathetic left backs and a promising one who hasn't got the needed experience to be the starter next season.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
we should loan him out again... i don't think that he is good enough for juve now... there is no chance that he be our cb.... but still hes young so i don't want to sell him

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
And we would be left with two pathetic left backs and a promising one who hasn't got the needed experience to be the starter next season.
Right now Juventus need a really experienced left back in what will be a very critical season as we build towards more silverware next year.

Criscito is not the answer.
we should loan him out again... i don't think that he is good enough for juve now... there is no chance that he be our cb.... but still hes young so i don't want to sell him
:beer:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Right now Juventus need a really experienced left back in what will be a very critical season as we build towards more silverware next year.

Criscito is not the answer.
Give him five more years of experience and a heavy regimen of steroids, just maybe. :p

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
It's true he needs more muscle to be a cb but honestly I don't remember how he played as left-back for Azzurrini and Genoa but in this position your single mistakes don't show as badly as in the center. If you ask me one more year in Genoa and he'll be ready to come back. Then in five years we'll have Criscito-Chiellini partnership similar to Cannavaro-Thuram where Canna/Criscito is the Brain/Leader and Thuram/Chiellini is the Strength/Dirtiness

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we have an LB and the replacement in De Ceglie and Molinaro - its only upto Rainieri to decide which is which :eyebrows:

Jul 2, 2006
Can somebody tell me what was the point of loaning him out while we are getting Knezevic?

some members are blaming him for a few blunders but if his partner was Chiellini he would do much better job,at least not worse than our current defenders.

Secco bought him for 5 million € + Konko(valued at 7 million €) and Masiello.But Juventus gained nothing in the end.

We are wasting him.his relationship with club is decreasing day by day.Same shit happened when we bought Chiellini.He was moaning a lot for not playing.But we showed some faith and we got the result.Unfortunately we do not have managers like Lippi or Capello anymore.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Keeping would have been good for the team, and possibly not in Criscito's interest.

Loaning him means that he will improve, but the team may suffer in his absence.

Jul 2, 2006
Keeping would have been good for the team, and possibly not in Criscito's interest.

Loaning him means that he will improve, but the team may suffer in his absence.
that is also damaging relationship between club and player.I hope that Juventus can bring a real manager and he can use Criscito, otherwise this story will be one of worst fiascos in mercato history.

I almost forgot.we bought other %50 of his rights' for 5 m + Konko (7 m).Secco would probably pay 12-15 million for %100 of his service if he wasn't our player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)