Domenico Criscito (29 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Hilarious interview ...

It's in Italian though. "When did you got your first kiss?" -12 or 13. "When did you f*ck for the first time?"-15. The most weird place you f*cked?"-I don't remember:D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I didn't see the game today so I can't comment on that specifically.

How many people who a slagging Criscito are the same ones who complain about youth not being given a chance?

You can't expect youngsters to be great straight away.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I didn't see the game today so I can't comment on that specifically.

How many people who a slagging Criscito are the same ones who complain about youth not being given a chance?

You can't expect youngsters to be great straight away.
I agree. But people expect Criscito to perform like Cannavaro in his best days:rolleyes: He wasn't our only bad player today, almost the whole team was shit against Parma till the 70th. But keep screwing him, I'm sure he is the next big thing in Italy's central defence, he obviously needs just playing time and confidence.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
I didn't see the game today so I can't comment on that specifically.How many people who a slagging Criscito are the same ones who complain about youth not being given a chance?You can't expect youngsters to be great straight away.
i agree with you but he is making too many mistakes and he is not juve material that the difference between inter and the rest of the teams

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We don´t expect him to play this terrible though. If the kid has so much potential he should at least show some signs of development. And he is weak as hell.

He needs to build up and maybe go one more year on loan at some Serie A club and then we´ll see. For now he is not cutting it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We don´t expect him to play this terrible though. If the kid has so much potential he should at least show some signs of development. And he is weak as hell.

He needs to build up and maybe go one more year on loan at some Serie A club and then we´ll see. For now he is not cutting it.
Yeah, agree on everything, but we're in such an awful situation that we must keep him till the end of the year.

We have Zebina, Birindelli, Molinaro, Chiellini, Grygera, Andrade, Boumsong, Criscito and Legrottaglie in defense (i'm not even counting Braco as a defender).
In central defense we have only Chiellini, Andrade (sidelined for God knows how long), Boumsong :)confused: ) , Legro and Criscito.
With the YC and RC ratio we have, we're always a CB short for every single match.

In January we can't buy a world class defender. I don't remember the last time a January signing did any good for a great club and it never happened in Juve. There are not world class defenders available in January so unless we're ready and stupid to pay big bucks for short-term solution, we are forced to stick with what we have in defense. Other teams won't be willing to let go their best defender, especially not the teams where wc defenders play : teams much richer than us and teams that need big squad for their CL matches.
The only way to get rid of Criscito in January is to overpay for some senior player like Thuram, Cannavaro and to hope for a miracle that these veterans will accept to join us.

I guess we'll keep Criscito till the end of the season and we'll be forced to give him playing time considering the injuries and suspensions of our defenders.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I agree with Juve Red. You cant have the best of both worlds, ie: giving youth a chance and expecting them to be world class right away.

Other than then Roma game, Criscito has been pretty decent at cb. He has all the tools needed to be a good cb, but his physique lets him down. That can be corrected though.

As other's have stated, he needs to put on some weight, but as far as technique goes, I think Criscito is doing fine.

I would play Chiellini at lb and Criscito at cb. W/e disadvantage the team is put at by playing Criscito at cb is counter-balanced by having a good lb. Having a lb who add's quality support and pressure for our attack gives us a whole new dimension to our game, and something we literally havent had at all this season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Other than then Roma game, Criscito has been pretty decent at cb.
He was solid when our opponents hardly passed the midfield. Actually we can't even say he was solid when he didn't have any work to do on these matches.
Whenever we were pushed in our box (matches against Cagliari and Roma) he was destroyed and deservedly substituted at half time.

I won't attack the kid, but he's not ready yet. I guess Italian football is too tactical and physical. That's the only explaination why the Italian defenders are such late developments. I don't think that before and after Maldini there has been another 20 years old Italian defender who was ready to play and succesfully played for one of the biggest Italian teams.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
As I said, decent. Of course he wasn't solid, but compared to Boumsong, he is less of a liability at cb.

I agree with u though, but I think his form is being exaggerated. He has been average, not terrible, which is the feeling u get from this thread.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i dont know if Milan are great, but Ronaldo last year saved their asses :agree:
But as it turned out to be he was a short-term solution. Like i said, i'm aware that we can get someone for January-June, but it will probably be some senior player, we'll have to pay much more than his real value is to get him and we'll have to use him as a starter for not more than half a season.

Milan would have probably gotten the 4th place anyway because they started playing great in the last 2 months of the season. As it turned out to be, they didn't even need the 4th place because they won CL.
You can maybe count Oddo but Milan offered him 5 times higher wages than what he was getting in Lazio, he wasn't cup tied and he was given an oportunity to play in CL and eventually win the CL.
We can't offer much to the WC defenders in January.

Now, i'd kill for a great defender in January because watching our defense defend is getting more and more painful.
But who can we realistically get so he'd improve our defense ? And is one defender enough ?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Chiellini together with Legrottaglie is good for the center. Brazzo and Molinaro should take the wing spots. We should give Molinaro a second chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)