Domenico Berardi (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Not really but there was room for another attacker even earlier in the season.
I really don't think so. With Mandzukic, Higuain and Dybala all suited to play in 3-5-2, while Berardi has been playing a RWF last few seasons having him would be a total luxury and a waste. We decided to keep Pjaca because he's been new to the league and the country so he wouldn't play in any serious team in Serie A.

Now as we switched to 4-2-3-1 it is a completely different story. Berardi's place is on the right hand side competing with Cuadrado. Since I said it, I would also like to comment the opinion that Berardi will not come to Juve because we cannot grant him a starting spot, wtf is this? Since when Juventus, the winner of the last 5 scudetti, the biggest club in Italy, would count on a player from SASSUOLO to be their starting man? He would have to come here and show that he's better than Cuadrado, who's been playing on a good level for two seasons now, and that's it. It was similar with Scirea and Camoranesi, they also came from small teams and earned their spot.

This whole saga with Penardi is ridiculous if you ask me. The player has barely said anything related to Juve, it was the clubs who made numerous transactions with his card, his agent talking bs and Sassuolo people talk a lot. Still, the general notion is that Mimmo rejected Juve, Mimmo is an Interista, Mimmo wants a guaranteed starting spot at his next club etc...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Meh.

Not sure what to make of it. Inter are going to be rumored to every decent player in Italy (same with Milan) as the new owners are anxious to get their clubs back into the top 2-3. They are gonna have to spend their way their and newspapers need to sell prints to stay in business.

Not to mention most media there don't like us and know berardi is a sensitive subject to most with the gentlemans agreement.

Good luck to him if he goes. Will look forward to watching another Jovetic like career there.

No one knew we would have gone to a 4231 and he certainly didn't know so I understand his decision to stay there.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
From October 21

Juventus had an option to buy Italy Under-21 international Berardi from Sassuolo for €25m, but it was agreed by all parties that it would not be activated over the summer.

While Inter are pushing hard for forward and Sassuolo insist they could keep him next season too, what is the situation?

“I will not deny that we evaluated Berardi very carefully indeed,” replied Marotta.

“He is an important talent for Sassuolo and the Nazionale, but if the player expressed and continues to express he doesn’t want to wear the Juve jersey, we certainly can’t force the situation.”
Marotta's words

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not sure Berardi would have warmed the bench at Juve this season. I think he made a mistake by not coming here last summer as he was ready to take that leap.
Perhaps he is a coward who dislikes competition. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't have the courage and balls to fight for his place. If that is the kind of mentality he is going to bring, then perhaps he is better off elsewhere.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not really but there was room for another attacker even earlier in the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep they will be very strong next season with Manolas, Koulibaly, Verratti, Berardi, Sanchez and Aguero all going there in the summer.
Inter will need to pay close to 40 million to acquire Berardi, if those reports are true; another 40 for Manolas, and there goes their entire budget, unless they make sales. They aren't getting Verratti, Sanchez, or Aguero, as those guys want to play in the CL, and Inter won't be in it next season, or the season after that for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)