Domenico Berardi (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, as I said, It's not just that I feel that Di Francesco is attacking, but I feel he is a very good coach. I believe their system is a big part of why their attackers succeed. I did specifically say that I feel Berardi is talented, but I feel that his performances, and specifically his statistics are inflated due to where he plays. I don't believe Zaza would score 11 goals at many/any other Serie A clubs either.

I'm not for a second saying he wouldn't succeed here, but I'm tempering my expectations.

You do have a point though. He statistics are phenomenal considering his age.
I get that, but I have been hearing this kid being shot down/underestimated unnecessary past two years, when he really needs to get his due. He is a winger that's scoring and assisting consistently from real young age. Only downside he has is pretty much his affinity for yellow / red cards, but give him space in three man attack and he will be effective for you.

Yeah Di Francesco is a good offensive coach, and Berardi mentioned him as main reason for why he is staying. But also we need to acknowledge that Sassuolo and the coach have been heavily relying on and living off Berardi basically since he was 18. Which is kinda crazy and shows how good he is. Zaza in comparison just disappeared for each half season for them, 9 goals and 11 goals in two seasons is not good enough for a box striker.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Old already but from FI:

Juve poach Berardi in Jan?
By Football Italia staff

Juventus could sign Domenico Berardi in January, handing Simone Zaza back to Sassuolo, to stop Barcelona getting there first.

The Bianconeri already have an option to buy Berardi for €18m next season, rising to €25m in 2017.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, interest from Barcelona for impressive 21-year-old Berardi has frightened the Turin giants into taking action as early as January.

They’d hand over €20m plus Zaza – who left Sassuolo over the summer and is struggling for playing time at Juventus – to bring Berardi in mid-season.

Berardi only turned 21 last month, but has scored a remarkable 31 Serie A goals.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

R.Baggio called him the best young talent in Italy today. Hands down.
It really makes you scratch your head when reading an article like that. Why would Barca interest make us nervous if we have an option on him. If you are a journalist working for a big italian sports papir atleast learn what a fucking buy back option is.
Berardi has impressive stats I just dont think he is ever going to make it at a top club. He is weak psycally, does not have much pace, hes first touch is not anything special and its kind of disturbing that he does not have the selfconfidence to go to a top club and fight for his place. I hope I am wrong I would love to have the next Big italian attacking player but I just dont think he can take the step up.

Someone

Sep 4, 2015
They’d hand over €20m plus Zaza – who left Sassuolo over the summer and is struggling for playing time at Juventus – to bring Berardi in mid-season.
that means that he would cost juve a total of 40mil. utter joke.

i still cant believe juve purchased mandzukic and zaza before getting this guy.

its hilarious that some try to rationalize those kind of things, whining about coman and berardi not good enough to be part of juve. while we have players like zaza\hernanes\mandzukic that wont really get us anywhere, and overall missing depth on attack.

but yea, lets get berardi for 40mil and then people will keep wondering why juve lacks budget for world class players :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
that means that he would cost juve a total of 40mil. utter joke.

i still cant believe juve purchased mandzukic and zaza before getting this guy.

its hilarious that some try to rationalize those kind of things, whining about coman and berardi not good enough to be part of juve. while we have players like zaza\hernanes\mandzukic that wont really get us anywhere, and overall missing depth on attack.

but yea, lets get berardi for 40mil and then people will keep wondering why juve lacks budget for world class players :D
Though I could agree on Zaza...your opinion on Mandzukic worries me. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't find any bigger indictment about Mandzukic than the fact that a coach as good as spotting talent as Simone was so willing to let him go a year after he arrived for a sum less than he was bought for.
Ancelotti has won how many CL titles? He was the one man responsible for Thierry Henry going to Arsenal. Your point?

And no, before any tards think I'm comparing Henry to Mario I am not. Sometimes coaches make mistakes or have other plans.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Ancelotti has won how many CL titles? He was the one man responsible for Thierry Henry going to Arsenal. Your point?

And no, before any tards think I'm comparing Henry to Mario I am not. Sometimes coaches make mistakes or have other plans.
So, because a a talented coach let go a 21(?) year old Henry prior to his breakout that means my point about it being worrisome that Simeone found it wise to let go for a 29 year old Mandzukic who scored 20 goals for him is invalid?

My personal opinion is that a poacher style striker is the perfect type of player to bring off the bench nowadays, but relying on one dimensional forwards as starters is something modern day top sides cannot afford.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
So, because a a talented coach let go a 21(?) year old Henry prior to his breakout that means my point about it being worrisome that Simeone found it wise to let go for a 29 year old Mandzukic who scored 20 goals for him is invalid?

My personal opinion is that a poacher style striker is the perfect type of player to bring off the bench nowadays, but relying on one dimensional forwards as starters is something modern day top sides cannot afford.
Mandzukic isn't your typical poacher ffs, don't know why this gets repeated time after time again. Gomez is, Mandzukic is one of the most industrious forwards in the world.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
20m plus Zaza would be like 26.5m right? That's actually not that bad. Although I don't believe the rumor, Sassuolo would only send him back in January if they were very comfortably mid table. I think we will get him in the summer.

This Zaza signing was a horrible mistake tho.

edit
Actually I forget how much Zaza ended up costing after all the co owns and stuff. Such a bad signing considering he never plays. If we could get Berardi in January then great but we should only give them Zaza if we can break even. Otherwise just sell him to a english club

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

When did this "modern era" of football begin?

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
He just came back from injury and got his first call up for italy, guess he is in Contes plans for Euros16 and it was based on the merit of his previous performance and potential..

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If we manage some way to keep berardi, morata and dybala for long... OMG wonderful time to be alive, just wonderful.. Imho brightest youngs future NT stars...

RFSK

Jul 19, 2013
their pres. said the redemption option is higher than 25m wtf?
“At the end of the season, Juventus can activate their option on him. If they want him then they have the right to take him away, but only for a sum above €25m.
“Otherwise, he will continue to wear our lovely shirt.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)