Domenico Berardi (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I honestly think he will be nothing more than a bench player. Just like Immobile and Gabbiadini. Why would we rush his development? He is no Pogba who had the obvious quality.
12 goals and 3 assists in 21 games (18 starts). he obviously has potential. the question now is, will he fulfit his full potential and become a world class winger/striker at Juventus or will he continue to rot at mediocre italian teams and become no better than Acquafresca, Palosschi, Palladino etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
I honestly think he will be nothing more than a bench player. Just like Immobile and Gabbiadini. Why would we rush his development? He is no Pogba who had the obvious quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Lamela, and Elsharawy? exploded? They had like 2 good seasons dude. While they both have talent, they are still far from amazing players.
they exploded meaning that they gained their 1st team pick in their relative squad not that they have matured to become world class players.

- - - Updated - - -

12 goals and 3 assists in 21 games (18 starts). he obviously has potential. the question now is, will he fulfit his full potential and become a world class winger/striker at Juventus or will he continue to rot at mediocre italian teams and become no better than Acquafresca, Palosschi, Palladino etc.
4 penalties but the 4 penalties where mostly goal scoring opportunities for him so I guess that cancels out :p

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zizinho is right! Bring him in so he can prove himself now, and so that he can get a winning dna.
In his current state, he might not even make the bench.

A truely talented player, will improve and show why we want him here. SO far he did that in 15% of the games he played. Wich is FAR from sufficient.

I'm very glad we co-owned him tho. excellent situation for us

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
In his current state, he might not even make the bench.

A truely talented player, will improve and show why we want him here. SO far he did that in 15% of the games he played. Wich is FAR from sufficient.

I'm very glad we co-owned him tho. excellent situation for us
i think youre wrong on him. even if we dont switch formations he could play alot of games as our 3rd striker. such talented players are thrown into fire at young age to see if they have the mentality for something big or just talent with a shitty attitude (Giovinco)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i think youre wrong on him. even if we dont switch formations he could play alot of games as our 3rd striker. such talented players are thrown into fire at young age to see if they have the mentality for something big or just talent with a shitty attitude (Giovinco)
Yeah, in undiciplined leagues like the EPL or La Liga
But this is italy.

The main issue however, is that whilst your idea of 3rd striker is good, he'd be playing very few games. He'd be playing as a stand-in for tevez, who nearly allways plays.
When at a diffrent club however, he can play games and grow.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
just checked. just in serie A, Giovinco played 13 games (3 starts), Quagliarella had 15 games (3 starts) and Vucinic 9 (4 starts). Osvaldo just came here and has already 6 games (1 start) and will probably get even more playing time in the upcoming fixtures, while Berardi till now has 21 games (18 starts).

if you consider Tevez & Llorente had no major injuries this season (might change next season) and that he will be our 3rd striker (he doesent have to be just a Tevez sub, they can play together) he could end up about 20 games (10 starts) just in serie A next season + the coppa + he might get a few chances in the CL (which is more important than 2-3 serie a games). this is better than playing up to 30 games in a weaker team that may struggle to create enough attacks for him...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
As third striker. But juventus is a big team, and you need a reliable third striker. So he goes down the pecking order.
A second problem, is those games that werent starts, we talk about conte here, how many were an 84 minute sub ?
At sassulo, despite their struggles, he isnt even starting lately. Why go to a team that has bigger competition.

I'd like to see him at current parma tho, if he'd mostly play. maybe next year

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As third striker. But juventus is a big team, and you need a reliable third striker. So he goes down the pecking order.
A second problem, is those games that werent starts, we talk about conte here, how many were an 84 minute sub ?
At sassulo, despite their struggles, he isnt even starting lately. Why go to a team that has bigger competition.

I'd like to see him at current parma tho, if he'd mostly play. maybe next year
well maybe youre right. Conte seems like the type of guy who trusts the players hes used to, so he will probably have to really impress him the 1st time he gets a chance.... he could use 1 season at a team like Parma, Verona... But it has to be 1 season. we wont get anything if he comes back at 22-23 when truly talented players are key players at their teams already at the age of 21-22. so one season MAX and he has to be here, otherwise it may be late for him...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
well maybe youre right. Conte seems like the type of guy who trusts the players hes used to, so he will probably have to really impress him the 1st time he gets a chance.... he could use 1 season at a team like Parma, Verona... But it has to be 1 season. we wont get anything if he comes back at 22-23 when truly talented players are key players at their teams already at the age of 21-22. so one season MAX and he has to be here, otherwise it may be late for him...
truely talented players dont need a top team to shine. If berardi cant be the obvious first pick at sassulo in 2 years time, then he's another young prospect that looked very good, but had nothing beyond the facade.

Take pogba. Put him at catania. You WILL notice him. And he WILL stand out. So far berardi stood out in 15% of the games. Needs to be alot more to come here

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
truely talented players dont need a top team to shine. If berardi cant be the obvious first pick at sassulo in 2 years time, then he's another young prospect that looked very good, but had nothing beyond the facade.

Take pogba. Put him at catania. You WILL notice him. And he WILL stand out. So far berardi stood out in 15% of the games. Needs to be alot more to come here
1st i think it was way more than 15% of his games.

2nd hes still 19/20. you cant expect him to be the match decider in 80% of his games

3rd he scored 12 goals so far in 18 starts (4 against Milan, 5 penalties but goals are goals) and Sassuolo played terrible at the start of the season till Berardi came back and gave them the boost they needed. till the game vs Juve they played very good, then the new coach came, he benched Berardi, and now that the old is back I expect him to be good again and reach the 15+ goals mark this season (not bad for a 20 years old :D)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
hes still 19/20
This is why we dont need to rush with him. He is simply too young. We can do whatever we please with him during the coming 3 years, and he would be only 23.

If Berardi is willing to continue his developing outside juventus.. ill be all for it. If conte thinks he is ready to come... it would be good too.

Personally...i think that we will give a chance to Gabbiadini first than beradi. Manolo seems more matured in his performances, even when he doesnt have the goal tally of Berardi.

My fav is berardi, but gabiadini seems more prepared RIGHT NOW.

Ill leave that decition to conte and co.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is why we dont need to rush with him. He is simply too young. We can do whatever we please with him during the coming 3 years, and he would be only 23.

If Berardi is willing to continue his developing outside juventus.. ill be all for it. If conte thinks he is ready to come... it would be good too.

Personally...i think that we will give a chance to Gabbiadini first than beradi. Manolo seems more matured in his performances, even when he doesnt have the goal tally of Berardi.

My fav is berardi, but gabiadini seems more prepared RIGHT NOW.

Ill leave that decition to conte and co.
one season in Parma/Torino would be good for him. bring back Gabbiadini and Immobile next season, cuz i have a feeling that one will be great while the other will flop (dont know which :D). the season after just replace the flop with Berardi and we're set.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, in undiciplined leagues like the EPL or La Liga
But this is italy.

The main issue however, is that whilst your idea of 3rd striker is good, he'd be playing very few games. He'd be playing as a stand-in for tevez, who nearly allways plays.
When at a diffrent club however, he can play games and grow.
It's always funny to hear the discipline argument. Personally, I love it. It just goes to show that 1) Italian youngsters will never make it because their fans will never trust them and 2) it makes the league seem better than it really is. In reality, the league is by far the weakest out of the big three and there is very little going for it besides the new stadium wave... which is decades behind many other leagues.

As a Serie A fan, I can take heart in saying you can stick your discipline and league where the sun don't shine... in Europa League.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Shit. Hustini and Quetz fanboying a player. He is destined for mediocrity :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

It's always funny to hear the discipline argument. Personally, I love it. It just goes to show that 1) Italian youngsters will never make it because their fans will never trust them and 2) it makes the league seem better than it really is. In reality, the league is by far the weakest out of the big three and there is very little going for it besides the new stadium wave... which is decades behind many other leagues.

As a Serie A fan, I can take heart in saying you can stick your discipline and league where the sun don't shine... in Europa League.
Big four. Sadly, I don't think Serie A is in the top 3 anymore. Results speaks for themselves, and the Germans have been performing much better on the continental stage for the past decade or so.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
pogba went from being a manu reserve player, to a first team regular in 6 months, to a first team stater in his second season.

berrardi has had success as a first team serie a player. his position, unlike pogba requires less defensive duty and less pressure to put constant good performances

example: pogba can score a goal and still get blasted for playing bad, not being involved or losing possession, because as a mid, he is expected to dominate the game. a forward on the other hand is expected to change the game in a single moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)