Domenico Berardi (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Gomes looks like a universal CM who can play any position in our 352. But he doesn't look like an AM to me.
He's a CM/B2B but a tricky and strong one (well built). I can see Allegri playing him there, he's got decent passing and ability to play with his back to goal. Dribbling skills quite impressive too. Allegri trying him there is definitely an option if he comes. If he doesn't work out as AM then we'll have a very good CM with WC potential. If we're able to drop 30m on him, then he must be something special.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I can see Allegri try Gomes as AM in Europe against quality sides where he normally shifts to a back 4.

DM position is a bit of a worry atm.Cant see Gomes being deployed there if we sign him.We have to hope Lemina explodes next yr.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He's a CM/B2B but a tricky and strong one (well built). I can see Allegri playing him there, he's got decent passing and ability to play with his back to goal. Dribbling skills quite impressive too. Allegri trying him there is definitely an option if he comes. If he doesn't work out as AM then we'll have a very good CM with WC potential. If we're able to drop 30m on him, then he must be something special.
Yeah, but Allegri mentioned couple of times I think, that he want's AM to be a more 10-like player. Gomes looks like an upgraded Khedira – strong, all-around mf, but a little faster then Sami. So it's quite possible that Max is gonna utilize Berardi there.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I can see Allegri try Gomes as AM in Europe against quality sides where he normally shifts to a back 4.

DM position is a bit of a worry atm.Cant see Gomes being deployed there if we sign him.We have to hope Lemina explodes next yr.
Yeah DM to me is out of question. Lemina should be there either way. Maybe Mandragora will be in the squad for next year? He could get some minutes as DM too.

Yeah, but Allegri mentioned couple of times I think, that he want's AM to be a more 10-like player. Gomes looks like an upgraded Khedira – strong, all-around mf, but a little faster then Sami. So it's quite possible that Max is gonna utilize Berardi there.
I don't think I'd compare him to Khedira tbh. He's got more in common with Pogba IMO (if you look for similarities to compare) - built like a tank with ability to get past players in the middle, good passing and sees quite a lot. He tends to carry the ball like Pogba does but obviously they're not on the same level. I think Gomes would add some strength to our midfield and ability to keep the ball in possession more and that's what Allegri wants I guess. We hear him saying every week that we need to control the game better once we take the lead, keeping more of possession.

Berardi is an option too but it's never wrong to give your coach options. If one doesn't work out you have a chance to try the other there.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Watched him a couple of times, definetely a CM not an AM. And like some members already pointed he seems like a younger, a little faster version of Khedira. Smart, strong tactically and technically and is a good passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)