Domenico Berardi - AM R - Sassuolo (15 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we brought Weah so its just one
yeah weah and chiesa both can play right wing.

chiesa is a question mark if he can be a good player past his injury. weah i am not impressed with. his stats are pretty weak for even ligue 1 standards. hope i am wrong because you don't want to be in situation where only 1 wing is dangerous. makes it easy to shut it down and eliminate threat . i like berardi because with him and chiesa you can play them on wings where they can cut in to shoot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Im starting to feel bad we didnt get him, at least then I`d know the club is actually trying. This only sales mercato is annoying (although it seems to be a must)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Im starting to feel bad we didnt get him, at least then I`d know the club is actually trying. This only sales mercato is annoying (although it seems to be a must)
There's nothing bad to feel when we didn't sign an overpriced 29-year-old who's club are openly trying to extort money out of us for someone who's only ever played 4 European matches in his entire sad career, can't wait to see Sassuolo get relegated soon, couldn't happen to a nicer club truth be told.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I wouldnt mind Berardi as we have no real RW threat.
I do worry about Berardi though - He is a player who get reds everytime and then - Add to the fact he will play for Juve and the amount of red cards should double.
I do appreciate some of his skills like his vision BUT he is also not a youngster anymore so if we can bring someone who can do what we need cheaper and younger - We should be all over it, otherwise Berardi makes sense.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
As a winger you don't need to be tall. You do need to be under 30 though.
Can't think of any wingers who exploded after 30.
Berardi exploded when he was 19 and has been pretty consistent since then. when he finishes his career, he'll probably be the best scoring winger in Serie A history. Not saying we should sign him, imo he won't mix well with our style of play, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's one of the remarkable Serie A players of this generation.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
Berardi exploded when he was 19 and has been pretty consistent since then. when he finishes his career, he'll probably be the best scoring winger in Serie A history. Not saying we should sign him, imo he won't mix well with our style of play, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's one of the remarkable Serie A players of this generation.
Playing for a bottom table side that focused on him as the main player and while also taking penalties.
There are a lot of Politanos and Giovincos that do well for small sides then fail to deliver when they go to a big club.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Playing for a bottom table side that focused on him as the main player and while also taking penalties.
There are a lot of Politanos and Giovincos that do well for small sides then fail to deliver when they go to a big club.
there're literally no wingers in Serie A that have been consistently as productive as Berardi for a decade. Politano and Giovinco didn't even have half the career of Berardi. so no, there are not a lot that do that well for smaller sides.

btw I agree that Berardi is not a good fit for a bigger club, it's what we see regularly with the NT where he struggles to be effective in a different set-up. however I see no reason to belittle him or his achievements, its not harder or easier to play for a smaller club, different people strive in different circumstances. Ancelotti sucks as a midtable manager and is very good as an elite team manager, Marotta is very good working on a budget and was wasteful when given more funds, Zidane couldn't be arsed to get his dick up for small games, but was magnificent when he wanted to play.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
By no means am I belittling Berardi's achievements. When he will retire he will probably be one of the best wingers in the history of the league. I think he was very smart in staying at Sassuolo and not risk moving to a big club. He's already a club legend and will further increase his legacy with them.

I'm just saying that for people wanting him here, it would have been a bad move given the rumored fees.
At this point it makes zero sense as we need young and talented players that have the potential to be world beaters, which Berardi is not and probably hasn't been since he scored those 4 goals at the San Siro.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Poor man's Di Natale. Pass.
We currently have a poor man Sturaro at this position so I`d take a poor man`s Di Natale over a poor man Sturaro anyday.

- - - Updated - - -

By no means am I belittling Berardi's achievements. When he will retire he will probably be one of the best wingers in the history of the league. I think he was very smart in staying at Sassuolo and not risk moving to a big club. He's already a club legend and will further increase his legacy with them.

I'm just saying that for people wanting him here, it would have been a bad move given the rumored fees.
At this point it makes zero sense as we need young and talented players that have the potential to be world beaters, which Berardi is not and probably hasn't been since he scored those 4 goals at the San Siro.
He is good but he isnt that good.
He will be remembered as a Sassuolo legend and will be remembered as one of the best wingers in the league at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)