Do you play any instrument? And/Or are in a band? (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
:eek::D

I played in the band for long time back in Yu. We were relativly sucessfull. gigs & touring and stuff...but we played in the wrong tome....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
:eek::D

I played in the band for long time back in Yu. We were relativly sucessfull. gigs & touring and stuff...but we played in the wrong tome....
the wrong tome?? what it mean?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
no he means nicotine free night long cigars :D

The name of my band was "Park Je Moj" (Park Is Mine). Two brothers, Ivan & Boris, made the band. Boris& I used to play before in a band called "Baby Sitters" and they needed a basist and so it started.

The music was a combination of WHO, AC/DC & Ramones if you can imagine it. Vocals were WHO, melodies Ramones like and drums & Guitars AC/DC. we eneterd many demo-bands competitions and kind of won them all:D Our band was band of the year of B92 Radio & Studio B TV station in Belgrade. We started having gigs outside the capital, and managed to pull the crowd. Everything was moving in the right direction.....except the political situation in the country, and with it the economy.

We got ourselves a record deal, and we found the sponsor that paid for the studio. By the time CD was out, sponsor suddenly informed us that that was not sponsorship, but rather a loan that we have to return. You can guess, guitars were first thing to go..:(

We traveled a lot, but every gig outside the city was a financial loss. It reached the point where Boris & me accepted an offer to play in the country/evergreen band in the hotel for two months, just for the money....

After those two months, Ivan left the country, then Boris & me followed.......

btw, we are in the same country...;)

Zizou, have you ever heard of "Refugees" in Malta?

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #69
    Hydde I already suggested 'The Freaks' :D Quite appropriate ;)

aca have to check with my gf, she's more into maltese bands.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    well, whilst you are checking....;)

Boris was/is a basist of Refugees, and his brother is a drummer.

I came to Malta in order to take Borises place as a basist so that he can switch to a guitar.

They split up before changes happened:D

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    So you came to malta? And left? And you're from Jugoslavia? Well if you're still interested, come back to malta and we form a band :D

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75
    Why not? There's nothing better than going back home, relaxing, playing a bit of guitar...

Well actually there is! Playing PS2 ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    What's PS2?

Anyway - yeah there used to be a time when I really enjoyed that but then I got into other things and playing the guitar is not like riding a bicycle - you forget it rather fast :sigh:

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #77
    PS2 = Playstation 2

Was kidding obviously...I enjoy both, but guitar playing is fun especially when around lots of people.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    The only instrument I think I am really good at is Saxophone which I have played for many years.
    I have an acoustic guitar but it isn't so fun to play it as all my friends are a million times better than me.
    An instrument that I have started playing quite lately is the harmonica, it is so easy and yet so beautiful.
    I have not played in a band for a longer period, nowadays I play harmonica in a friends band during their concerts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)