Do you believe in Human Rights? (1 Viewer)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Eℓvin;1956909 said:
It's all bullshit, when it comes down to it, every man for himself.
There is no real freedom, only an illusion.

We're all full of shit. Sometimes I hate people.
you're such a rebel

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Eℓvin;1957228 said:
yo mama thinks you're a man.

And Tahir, you're such a stalker type. I bet you read all your boyfriend's text messages when he's not looking.
that doesn't make sense

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Eℓvin;1957228 said:
yo mama thinks you're a man.

And Tahir, you're such a stalker type. I bet you read all your boyfriend's text messages when he's not looking.
Oh common Elvin I wasn't laughing at you, he just said something funny :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Back on to topic. I'm so glad to see this article. Usually people get in trouble for not praying. In the US you're supposed to be able to worship whatever you want or not worship. But at the same time we have this thing called separation of church and state, a line which tends to get blurred by schools, churches, and idiot politicians.

This is just a case of the school over stepping its bounds. An impromptu prayer between a few friends is fine, but we're aren't supposed to have school sponsored prayer vigils on government property (it's in the Constitution). Granted this hardly happens, that is the schools denying people the right to prayer. Generally it's the christians trying to decorate the school gym in Jesus-wear twice a year and getting in a stink when the school board tells them to sod off.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Back on to topic. I'm so glad to see this article. Usually people get in trouble for not praying. In the US you're supposed to be able to worship whatever you want or not worship. But at the same time we have this thing called separation of church and state, a line which tends to get blurred by schools, churches, and idiot politicians.

This is just a case of the school over stepping its bounds. An impromptu prayer between a few friends is fine, but we're aren't supposed to have school sponsored prayer vigils on government property (it's in the Constitution). Granted this hardly happens, that is the schools denying people the right to prayer. Generally it's the christians trying to decorate the school gym in Jesus-wear twice a year and getting in a stink when the school board tells them to sod off.
It's not just blurred in America. It's hardly even there in some cases. Politicians actually say God bless America FFS. I cannot imagine something like that happening in Belgium. I'm sorry, but it would just look so ridiculous.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's not just blurred in America. It's hardly even there in some cases. Politicians actually say God bless America FFS. I cannot imagine something like that happening in Belgium. I'm sorry, but it would just look so ridiculous.
One of the things I've actually liked that Obama has done is cover up the religious memorabilia that seemed to clutter the last administration. The US is not a Christian religion, we are a nation of all religions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)