Do not let the GOAL fools you ....... (2 Viewers)

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
We are happy that we won against barca ..... We are happy that we qulified for the CL semi-final ..... but here is the question ..... are we going to keep ZALAYTA for next season just because he scored a goal by mistake against Barca ????????????

Come on this gay must leave Juve sooner or later ... today we have Perugia to take him tomorrow we won't have even Colo Colo to take him .....

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
One player that will be leaving Turin is Uruguayan youngster Marcelo Zalayeta. "He has received five important offers from English clubs," explained agent Paco Casal.

The latter has been in Italy over the past few days where he has held talks with Moggi over his client’s future.

Although he scored the winner at Barcelona last week, the young striker doesn’t seem to figure in Juve’s plans.

Zalayeta has also caught the attention of Italian eyes as Perugia President Luciano Gaucci seems very keen. "If he comes here we will turn him into a champion," said the Umbrian chief.

Football Italia

Here's your answer. No need to talk if we'll keep him or not.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
Come on this gay must leave Juve sooner or later
Show some respect to the guy that took us to the CL semifinal. I don't like him either, but he never complained of not playing and never caused problems, and was always present when Lippi needed him. His game at manchester this season was quite good and this goal against Barca will remain in the minds of juve fans forever.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Show some respect to the guy that took us to the CL semifinal. I don't like him either, but he never complained of not playing and never caused problems, and was always present when Lippi needed him. His game at manchester this season was quite good and this goal against Barca will remain in the minds of juve fans forever.
yes i agree with that

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i think Zala makes a great 5th striker!

he played so much this season because the 4 strikers ahead of him had injuries at one point in the season (DP, Trez, DV, Salas).

i think With Miccoli (who will most likely be more fit and less prone to injuries as Salas) back next season, Zala would see less of the ball and him being non-complaning on the bench would be great. he can be called up once in a blue-moon and i think he is capable enough for making a difference.

lets pretend juve will sell Zala 100%. who would you want as the replacement 5th striker?!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Cavenaghi.
Common Fahad!! do you really want to destroy this young talent's career by placing him on the bench?!!!

This will be another Carini, Sorin, Henry...etc. situation!!

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Cavenaghi would be great.

IMHO, it wouldnt be destroying this talent's career beacuse he would still be prime when he gets his turn. It would be a great deal to Cavenaghi to learn from Ale.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I personally have a soft spot for Zala but not because of the goal that he scored against Barca or anything. I had always liked him and I find that he is an excellent 5th striker and somebody that can always be called on to help out (vs Como earlier this season, vs MU, vs Barca, etc). However, I think that it would be best for Marcelo to leave Juve so as to get first team football else where; he deserves at least that much. Forza Zala :strong:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
I personally have a soft spot for Zala but not because of the goal that he scored against Barca or anything. I had always liked him and I find that he is an excellent 5th striker and somebody that can always be called on to help out (vs Como earlier this season, vs MU, vs Barca, etc). However, I think that it would be best for Marcelo to leave Juve so as to get first team football else where; he deserves at least that much. Forza Zala :strong:
well said.. :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
What is all this 5th striker , Zalayeta was always ahead of Salas this season and played as many times as Di vaio and Trez for whatever reasons , so he is not a fifth striker.

I am not a fan of his and will probably never be as I do not really see any potential in him at all, there are some players that you are like , he probably needs to be playing first team football to show potential but Zala along with Jancker and Franca at Torino are just bad

When a player has a bad first touch then he has a real huge problem and theses guys have very bad first touch

We would have been far better off if Zalayeta was not the only striker who is in full fitness

Jul 12, 2002
Zala should be sold, so should trez, salas, and Di vaio, we can and should do better for our attack, and the players are easily out there to improve.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
as much as i would love to see a player like cavanghi come in, i dont think having him as 5th striker will help.

salas is out and miccoli replaces him.

Zalayeta is out and i believe that if di vaio leaves as well, as he hasnt performed well for us thus far, juve might might sell him if a team like lazio would offer a midfielder like stankovic in the deal.

keeping that in mind, that leaves us with only 3 strikers. so cavanghi would be good then and would get playing time.

BUT, one player who is leaving for sure is Makaay of Depor.....now this guy is a very good player and can be very good back up for trez as well.

he would be great to have.....del piero and miccoli, trez and makaay.....4 good strikers.

a 5th striker can be a player like cipriani who we half own already i believe.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i violently object to having makaay as backup.it is a waste of the guy's talents,as madrid putting morientes is.imo sculli could do nicely as a 5th striker,or cipriani would be good as well.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
From what I read today, Juve might loan out D'Alessandro to Lazio, and in return get Corradi. Wouldn't mind Corradi at all, as he's quite a good striker, with great aerial abilities (good for when Trezeguet ain't around).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)