Dimitar Berbatov - ST - Manchester United (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
WΏΏdy;3834583 said:
Very impressed with the purple rat's mercato though. They have gained a lot of quality players at bargain prices and managed to hold on to Jojo who's only possible destination next year will be City,Chelsea or PSG.
Exactly. So the purple rat has quality players AND a top player. must be nice.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
People underestimate the ability of Vucinic/Giovinco - Berbatov.

You wanted us to score goals and don't miss many chances. See this, it's gonna work. Not just that we're gonna see magic on field, but players are gonna shit their pants when facing us.

Jul 1, 2010
What is disappointing me the most about this, is not so much the fact we signed berbatov or my belief that i don't think he fits our system, eventhough i regard him as a player of exceptional technical ability. It's just that i can't honestly believe that we let Del Piero leave and replace him with someone who is no better. Does Berbatov have pace? no They both have good technical abilities as i've pointed out, is Berbatov anymore prolific than Del Piero? no so i just don't understand how he was in anyway an opportunity too good to pass up on.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Let's not kid ourselves, if we are talking about football elegance, I don't think any club comes close to us at this moment. Berbatov, Vucinic, Pirlo, Bonucci and Barzagli. Not to forget the potential that Pogba has....ok ok I will mention it, Giovinco too.
Yet some still complain.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What is disappointing me the most about this, is not so much the fact we signed berbatov or my belief that i don't think he fits our system, eventhough i regard him as a player of exceptional technical ability. It's just that i can't honestly believe that we let Del Piero leave and replace him with someone who is no better. Does Berbatov have pace? no They both have good technical abilities as i've pointed out, is Berbatov anymore prolific than Del Piero? no so i just don't understand how he was in anyway an opportunity too good to pass up on.
All respect to Capitano, but he was 38. Without going into unnecessary comparisons, I'd just like to point out the fact that they're two fundamentally different players. Berbatov is a CF, a full blood striker - whereas our Capitano was a winger/ss and in his later years only a secondary striker. I just don't see how the comparison is valid.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Let's not kid ourselves, if we are talking about football elegance, I don't think any club comes close to us at this moment. Berbatov, Vucinic, Pirlo, Bonucci and Barzagli. Not to forget the potential that Pogba has....ok ok I will mention it, Giovinco too.
Bonucci???? :D

Huh?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can't quite get my head around this signing, but I'm sitting here smirking thinking about the possibilities of him at Juve. :D

He's not a 'top player' as such, but he is a very good player.

Fantastic awareness and general football intelligence and not reliant on physical attributes, so his age is not a concern.

When I was at Old Traffod last season, Berbatov and Scholes were so much cleverer than the other players on the pitch it was hilarious.

During his time at Man Utd he became pretty good at just making himself a penalty box striker quite a lot of the time, and that got him a lot of goals.

He is a fairly lazy player, but this has been exaggerated by the English due to their obsession with running and suspicion of anyone who can succeed without killing themself from exhaustion.

As short-term, panicky signings go, this a good one. His transfer fee and wages aren't going to prohibit Juve making a big signing in the next year or two.

Fuck knows what's going to happen between him and Vucinic.

On and off the pitch I can see them either being awesome together or being a complete disaster.

One way or another, though, I want to see it. :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
They complain because a lot in here are name $#@!s they just want the big media names no matter the amount or if they fit
This.

The most thrilling aspect of this whole Marotta-Paratici thing, to me, is their ability to find players that fit the system. They have understood one very important thing when it comes to football. It's not about how many stars you have, it's not about the "Galacticos"-approach. I mean, at all. It's all about finding the right coach, with the right system, and players that can slot nicely into that system of play.

I'm not saying they're perfect, no one is. But have a glance at the complete and total mess that is AC Milan right now. Galliani still only chasing "names", regardless of how they'll fit in. At least our guys are trying to build a solid TEAM.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
All respect to Capitano, but he was 38. Without going into unnecessary comparisons, I'd just like to point out the fact that they're two fundamentally different players. Berbatov is a CF, a full blood striker - whereas our Capitano was a winger/ss and in his later years only a secondary striker. I just don't see how the comparison is valid.
but what im saying is can you honestly say berbatov would offer anymore to Juventus than Ale would? I'm fully aware they are 2 different types of forwards but thats not what im highlighting. If you want to compare like for like forwards can you honestly say berbatov is really a better fit than Matri? i have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)