Digital Cameras (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    cool Asma :thumb: good to see people getting into photography

btw, any sample pics from your cameras? Martin? snoop?

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what kind of macro shots I can get with my new camera, I've seen some sample and they look quite impressive

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    I got my first camera on my 9th birthday, and I went nuts with it :D

I've only been taking happy-snaps though, but with the new camera I'm hoping to get some pictures that actually look good :) Wish me luck, I'm really looking forward to seeing photos from you guys too, cos the images that people choose to capture can sometimes say a lot about them :D

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    But I look forward to see you photos, and other people, who would like to show their work :)
    we should do that Vity but the problem is where to post the pics like Gray said.
    Gray find a place for me to post and i will show u pics u would love to see it. pix taken in Italy most of them churches.u will love it eh :D

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    we should do that Vity but the problem is where to post the pics like Gray said.
    It's no big deal really, I was just saying that as a precaution. I'm sure it'll be find if u just compress the files down a bit so they can be attached to the posts here. Alternatively, you can try a place like http://www.photobucket.com to host your pictures.
    most of them churches.u will love it eh :D
    haha :D actually I'm not all that into those old traditional church buildings. They look nice and all that, but they're a bit cold (the atmosphere, not the temperature) and rigid for my liking :)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

No, just limited by the size of your cf. But since it's not compressed, you get an hour for like 1gb. My card is 256.
    i have 256MB memory too.but it only record 10 minutes still few for me :D

what u guys think of printers?do u have any ideas about them?printer that use for cameras

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It's no big deal really, I was just saying that as a precaution. I'm sure it'll be find if u just compress the files down a bit so they can be attached to the posts here. Alternatively, you can try a place like http://www.photobucket.com to host your pictures.

haha :D actually I'm not all that into those old traditional church buildings. They look nice and all that, but they're a bit cold (the atmosphere, not the temperature) and rigid for my liking :)
    man u say so till u see it.I was amazed when i saw them.man our tour took us to 3 churches each day.i went like 20 churches maybe in 10 days.my whole life i never been in 10 churches :D
    but it really worths.it's soo :touched:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    cool Asma :thumb: good to see people getting into photography

btw, any sample pics from your cameras? Martin? snoop?

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing what kind of macro shots I can get with my new camera, I've seen some sample and they look quite impressive
    Haven't taken that many pictures I was that pleased with, had some on file but got wiped accidentally.

what u guys think of printers?do u have any ideas about them?printer that use for cameras
    Face it, a decent photo printer has to cost something, both in terms of buying and purchasing the ink and paper for it, cleaning supplies perhaps. So I just got an old inkjet at home but if I need something nicer I use either a printer in college or a professional printer shop which gives good value for money.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Face it, a decent photo printer has to cost something, both in terms of buying and purchasing the ink and paper for it, cleaning supplies perhaps. So I just got an old inkjet at home but if I need something nicer I use either a printer in college or a professional printer shop which gives good value for money.
    I have normal printer HPdeskjet3650.it is ok with me.but i never tried to print pix it will killl the ink+no quality.but i saw small printers like canon.it only uses for camera.did u mean that?I have no idea about them.if the ink ends quickly.if it is expensive etc.. but am sure the quality is much much better than the normal deskjet printers.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

the site seems good.but i need at least 9$$ my credit card is empty :D
    my pics are around 1MB.I don't think it will work with compressing.and if i resize the pic the quality will suck then

AnnA

May 14, 2003
    I have AGFA CL30.... Nothing special, but I really like it cause I adore photography!
    Specially I like to make my own wallpapers (landscapes, sunrises, sea, storms.... )

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    I have been using a Canon A80 combined with a 256 Compact Flash card for about one year now and I must say that it has revealed an outstanding choice.

My requirements were:

1. excellent image quality
    2. optimal optics
    3. 4Megapixels
    4. extended manual control
    5. small to fit in my backpack/purse and always be with me
    6. run on rechargeable aa (in an emergency you buy alcalines from nearest shop). I must admit 4 AA add to weight (250g without, 350g with).
    7. affordable (you can probably buy it now for around 250$ online)
    8. good looking
      [/list=1]

THEGOOD: outstanding pictures, always with me, VERY large battery life (I tend to avoid watching pictures I take on the LCD).

THEBAD: does not really fit in pocket, wish mechanical zoom more than 3x (+digital 3.2) and aperture only F2.8 - F4.9.

The A80 is basically the A70 raved by all digital photography reviewers and extremely popular, with 1 more megapixel. The A85 and A95 are improvements in LCD size and movie size but I would stick with the A80, best bang for your buck. I'd rather shoot video with my also very small Canon MV300i which is uncompressed DVD quality, and the A80 LCD size is OK with me.

Here is the review by Digital Photography:
      http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03082003canona80.asp

xziz :cheesy:

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yesterday I purchased a Canon PowerShot SD10 aka Digital IXUS i.

My requirements were:
    1. small to fit in pocket
    2. light
    3. completely automatic
    4. good image quality
    5. hot look
      [/list=1]

Price 269€ in store, size 90 x 47 x 19 mm, 140g. Does not have machanical zoom, compensated by digital zoom. Does not have viewfinder, only LCD, no swivel. I still have not taken pictures with it.

DP review at: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_sd10.asp

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hi, here are some samples of Canon A80 pictures I took. Original size 2272 x 1704 reduced to 800 x 600.

PANORAMA

MACRO

LOW LIGHT

MOVING TARGET

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    Cool, thanks for sharing all that xziz :thumb:

The only gripe I have with my new Ixus 500 is that you can't manually set the aperture or shutter speed.

You say that the aperture of your A80 is limited to F2.8 - F4.9. I don't really get that, because most of your pictures seem to indicate a fairly deep depth of field, which AFAIK shouldn't be possible with such large apertures. Are you sure about this?

I had a look at he SD10 too, but the lack of optical zoom and viewfinder put me off. Digital zoom doesn't compensate for a lack of optical zoom at all IMO, since it's just a software function that crops the picture. You'd probably be best off not using the zoom and using photo editing software to edit afterwards. Also if you're running low on batteries, it's a pain to be forced to use the LCD. Apart from that though, it looks like a handy little camera to be able to carry around. Have fun with it mate ;)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    I just went down to the post office and picked up my Ixus 500 :extatic:

Time to get a-clickin' :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)