Diego Valeri (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
(CNN) -- Up until now, Lanus' best claim to footballing fame has been as the birthplace of Diego Maradona. But the Buenos Aires district may finally have a team to do its most famous son justice.

Following a 4-0 win over Gimnasia-La Plata on Wednesday and a goalless draw with Argentinos Juniors last weekend, Lanus need just a point from their final match of the season on Sunday to clinch the first Argentine league title in their 92-year history.

By coincidence, that match will take Lanus to Maradona's beloved Boca Juniors, the outgoing champions whose title defense fizzled out Wednesday when they were beaten 2-1 by second-placed Tigre.

Tigre's victory kept them in the running for a first title of their own, but the initiative now is firmly with Lanus. By knocking Boca out of the championship equation, Tigre have taken the sting out of Lanus' trip to the Bombanera, one of the most intimidating stadiums in world football.

And even a defeat for Lanus -- currently unbeaten in eight games -- and a win for Tigre would send the two into a championship playoff.

Having spent most of their history bouncing around in the lower reaches of Argentine football -- surviving several close run-ins with their creditors along the way -- Lanus' ascent began in the mid 1990s as they consolidated their top-flight status under the leadership of Hector Cuper, the Argentine coach who went on to manage Mallorca, Valencia and Inter Milan.

Since then the club has invested its money wisely in a much admired youth academy, initially run by the club's current coach Ramon Cabrero, who has demonstrated his faith in the system by regularly fielding teams almost entirely made up of players that have come through the club's ranks.

They include Lautaro Acosta, a recent under-20 world champion with Argentina, and the highly-touted winger Diego Valeri who has been tipped for a January move to Juventus.

"Lanus play simple and unambiguous football that fans of any club can enjoy. The team plays with character and have been competing for titles for two years now. We're very pleased with our campaign, but the best prize of all would be to win the championship," says Cabrero.

Having finished second in the 2006 Clausura championship, it now looks as if Cabrero's youngsters are ready to graduate with honors.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/football/11/29/team.lanus/index.html?section=cnn_latest

------------------------------------------------

Who??

Buy on AliExpress.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
http://www.goal.com/it/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=680684

so, now he is a juve-fan :) marca reports on a juve-inter battle on the market for him. He's 22 in the meantime by the way. I don't know him at all, but should he be any good, could he replace our LM/RM ? It would be awesome to have someone versatile who can play right (for camo) or left (for neddy/giovinco). But again, i don't know him and i don't know if he's any good

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
He is a young, creative, central midfielder primarily, like Riquelme (who is his "idol"). He styles himself on him. Villarreal scouts are onto him.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Valeri is pretty good if you ask me. Last season he did fucking awesome, he made a small team like Lanus won the Argie League. That whole team were fucking awesome tbh. He can play in Nedved/Camo position, good passing, good shot, he is at FK too - he is like a Veron in those terms. I'm pretty sure that Trezeguet would be happy with a player like him ;)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Sand is pretty impressive. The guy was very underrated at River, then he went to Colon when he did pretty good, then to Lanus.
Actually, Lanus have a pretty good team, with young and very talented players: Acosta, Pelletieri, Blanco and some others.

May 7, 2008
Id love this guy at Juve... He reminds me so much of roman riquelme... Very talented player... Aswell as signing 1 champion in each position... some young talent wouldn't go a miss... Valeri or Piatti + Giovinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)