Diego Ribas da Cunha (5 Viewers)

Mar 28, 2007
Kaka had better numbers, but even if he didn't and he had the same numbers, there were other players in Milan who were also scoring lots of goals. Sheva, Inzaghi, Seedorf, even Pirlo.

In our current team it's logical to expect most of the goals to come from the strikers. Even when we had midfielders who were also scoring goals, Del Piero and Trez were banging +20 goals a year. Right now I don't see strikers of such caliber in Juve.

This isn't a question if Diego should play SS in the current team. He should because we have no better choice after Del Neri made it clear that we'll play 4-4-2.
But if we're keeping Diego as a SS then we better think where will the goals be coming from and act on that.
and we need a CM who can pass and creative.. a decent LB.. a right wing.. and i'm sure diego can score lots of goals as a SS..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
it is a mistake to sell diego.. I am really worried.. we do not have any creativity in the team (except Del piero).. we are not signing any players (Elia, Krasic, etc) and start to sell out creative players..

damn it could be another terrible season..

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I got my figures from wiki at 2.2 a game (but they are probably wrong).

I dont think that our system necessarily means that we will rely on a poacher. With Martinez, Pepe, Lanzafame we should have some wingers able to contibute some goals. We just need to get this into our play.

But I agree that we could do with more of a goalscorer upfront.
I don't think those wiki numbers are wrong. 12 in the league, guaranteed, and I remember he raped Italian teams in Europe that year. Plus Bremen won a German cup...

I think that final stat of Alen's might be incorrect. Or maybe my memory is shitty...

I think he scored over 20

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think those numbers are wrong. 12 in the league, guaranteed, and I remember he raped Italian teams in Europe that year. Plus Bremen won a German cup...

I think that final stat of Alen's might be incorrect. Or maybe my memory is shitty...
I got my stats from ESPN soccernet. They are usually correct.
I'll check again.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't think those wiki numbers are wrong. 12 in the league, guaranteed, and I remember he raped Italian teams in Europe that year. Plus Bremen won a German cup...

I think he scored over 20
He did score 6 in the UEFA cup alone. I seem to remember him with an impressive goal tally in that final season.

But wikipedia is never the most reliable source.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, the idiots didn't count UEFA Cup and the German Cup for 2008/09

He actually had 22 goals on 39 matches

15, 16, 22 was how much he was scoring for Werder. That's actually good, but it can't be repeated in Juve, I think.

If it can, then no worries for us.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
a Creative/Can Pass CM(Xavi/Pirlo/Fabregas Type)
Back up CB
LB
RW

that what we need. :beer:
Marchisio - Melo are gonna play for us most of the time, so CM won't be any great player, because he's gonna warm our bench and get even less playtime than Sissoko. Xavi/Pirlo/Cecs type of player is rare, especially if he has to cost less than 7mln euros.

LB? I don't think we'll invest in that department.

Mar 28, 2007

15, 16, 22 was how much he was scoring for Werder. That's actually good, but it can't be repeated in Juve, I think.

diego had ozil there.. that why he got to score lots of goals..

Boksic

May 11, 2005

:tup:

The problem for us is that teams sit back and hit us on the break, wheras at Bremen teams tend to attack them more leaving more space.

Nonetheless he has shown that he is capable of a decent scoring record.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

That's pretty sketchy on ESPN's part... I use their stats for nearly all the sports I follow. Anyway, hopefully the player continues to improve at his 'new' position... and hopefully we get him some help!

Mar 28, 2007
Marchisio - Melo are gonna play for us most of the time, so CM won't be any great player, because he's gonna warm our bench and get even less playtime than Sissoko. Xavi/Pirlo/Cecs type of player is rare, especially if he has to cost less than 7mln euros.

LB? I don't think we'll invest in that department.
yeah.. its a gems to have this type of players in the squad.. oh well.. we missed out on d'ago..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
diego had ozil there.. that why he got to score lots of goals..
Yes, true. Ozil was the team's top assistman in the last season when Diego was there.

Also, Werder played, and still play, a specific kind of football (on their matches there were on average 4 goals) where not that much attention was paid on defense and lots of attention was paid on attack. They scored a lot and conceded a lot. Juve don't play such football.

Mar 28, 2007
Diego: "goals to AC Milan just the beginning. I still have much to prove '

Determination and devotion to knitting. In una parola, Diego. In a word, Diego. Nelle ultime ore la permanenza del brasiliano alla Juventus sembra essere sempre più in bilico, a causa delle offerte, concrete o ideali che siano, del Wolfsburg, Amburgo e Schalke 04, ma nonostante tutto il fantasista continua a pensare alla società bianconera, promettendo un campionato migliore di quello deludente conclusosi a maggio."In questa stagione ho ancora molto da mostrare - ha scritto Diego sul proprio sito ufficiale - e il gol di ieri al Milan è stato solo l'inizio. Non facciamo un gol del genere tutti i giorni: sono stato molto soddisfatto, anche se purtroppo non abbiamo vinto il torneo. Affrontare le squadre italiane più forti in una competizione amichevole come questa è un ottimo modo per migliorare la preparazione". In the last hours of the stay at Juventus Brazilian seems to be more balanced, because of the offers, they are real or ideal, of Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Schalke 04, but despite all the playmaker continues to think the black and white, promising a championship better than the disappointing ending in May. "This season I still have much to show - Diego wrote on its official website - and the goal for Milan yesterday was just the beginning. We do not make a goal like that every day: I was very pleased, although unfortunately we did not win the tournament. Addressing the Italian team stronger in a friendly competition like this is a great way to improve preparedness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)