Diego Ribas da Cunha (11 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
He can play as an SS in a 4-4-2 formation, as a trailing 2'nd forward in a 4-4-1-1 formation, and as the central attacking figure behind a lone striker in the 4-2-3-1 formation. I believe he is versatile enough and physical enough to do so. He also has the necessary skill set and vision to complement any striker, and he isn't slow either; he is definitely more mobile and agile than Del Piero. Hence, due to his abilities and versatility, I would definitely keep him and start him. You can't just give up on a player of his quality after a season in which everyone bar 2 or 3 individuals were mediocre. A player of his quality eventually shines through, regardless of this whole "fit the formation" BS being spewed by the media.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Why not set our attention and focus on how to get rid of Grygera, Grosso, De Ceglie, Tiago before thinking of Diego?

Diego can easily fit in 4-4-2 formation.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Stop this.
"He can't fit X-X-X formation".
It's ridiculous.

Why everyone in any other team can play in almost any formation and only Juve players have the only formation they can play???

Messi can play AMR/AMC/FC, Eto'o (and Pandev) become FR(L) dropping to MR(L), a lot of wingers play both wings, Vucinic converted to AML when needed etc.
And only our players can play only in 1 formation and 1 position. And we have to sell someone who are very talented, but bla-bla-bla... :andy2:

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
he's rarely been tried as anything but an AM, but that doesn't really mean he's not versatile. for brazil i've seen him play CM a few years back, tho i don't think that would work for juve. he's a talented player, and i'm sure he could adapt to del neri's plans.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Some players fit better in some systems than others. Juve changed their system to accommodate Diego last season. It did not work. Now with Del Hairy and his preferred 4-4-2, the piece of the puzzle does not fit at all.

If he is going to work here, he needs a strong regista behind him with great fullbacks, but we don't have that (right now at least).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)