Diego Ribas da Cunha (20 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
He chose Wolfsburg. Even if he was forced to go out, he could have still rejected it, not for the sake of fans but rather because of himself, to stay and prove that he was worth paying 25m for (which I doubt). Instead he chose the easiest way. Bigger wages, smaller club. For becoming big you need to be ambitious and ready to fight. Now, no matter how well he is going to play for Wolfsburg, he is always one of the numerous players who couldn't find their ways in a big club under pressure. I doubt he is ever going to be a world class player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
lol...

If clubs tells you that you're not in their plans there's simply no need to refuse offers to come to your doorstep. I mean, why? Club clearly doesn't want you to stay and if they had more money Diego would spend most of the season on the bench. You're already trying to find an excuse to defend this transfer. You said we'll have a great replacement too. Well, we don't...instead of a great player we're signing Quagliarella.
It's not a lack of ambition at all. It's our board that has no idea what they're doing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He chose Wolfsburg. Even if he was forced to go out, he could have still rejected it, not for the sake of fans but rather because of himself, to stay and prove that he was worth paying 25m for (which I doubt). Instead he chose the easiest way. Bigger wages, smaller club. For becoming big you need to be ambitious and ready to fight. Now, no matter how well he is going to play for Wolfsburg, he is always one of the numerous players who couldn't find their ways in a big club under pressure. I doubt he is ever going to be a world class player.
Yep, that is true. Chances are he'll be labelled as a flop for the rest of his career...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
lol...

If clubs tells you that you're not in their plans there's simply no need to refuse offers to come to your doorstep. I mean, why? Club clearly doesn't want you to stay and if they had more money Diego would spend most of the season on the bench. You're already trying to find an excuse to defend this transfer. You said we'll have a great replacement too. Well, we don't...instead of a great player we're signing Quagliarella.
It's not a lack of ambition at all. It's our board that has no idea what they're doing.
He could have rejected the offer solely by himself and because of himself. He didn't even try. I remember very well when Real wanted to sell Robben and Sneijder. Both asked for another chance, both were reluctant to a move and both promised to accept a sub role only to be given a chance to stay and fight for a place. And their destination wasn't Woflsburg. They were going to sign for Bayern and Inter. Diego very well knew that we wouldn't put him on the bench because of rejecting Wolfsburg but he didn't even try to stay. He also knew that the fans would back his decision as we hadn't signed anyone big yet.

I don't know about you guys, this is my take on all this and I still believe he is not going to be world class in Wolfsburg either as he has never been that great you are making him to be over these forums.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
La Juventus comunica di aver perfezionato l’accordo con il VfL Wolfsburg GmbH per la cessione a titolo definitivo del diritto alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore Da Cunha Diego per un importo di € 15,5 milioni interamente pagabili alla firma del contratto.

Tale operazione impatta negativamente il risultato economico dell’esercizio 2009/2010 per € 5,8 milioni in quanto comporta la svalutazione del diritto pluriennale al 30 giugno 2010, a seguito della cessione del calciatore ad un corrispettivo inferiore al valore netto contabile residuo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus announced that it has completed the agreement with the VfL Wolfsburg GmbH for the outright sale of the player's right to benefit Sports Da Cunha Diego for an amount of € 15.5 million payable in full upon signing the contract.

This operation negatively impacts the performance of fiscal year 2009/2010 to € 5.8 million as it involves the devaluation of the right years to 30 June 2010, following the transfer of the player at a price below the net book value remaining.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15.5 million, -10 million in one year.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

lol...

Sergio made a pretty good point, though. This is not the management that bought him in the first place so it's not all that weird they wanted to sell him. I don't agree with selling him at such a loss, but I'll reserve my judgement after this season. Who knows...people say without Diego we're like 2 years back; well 2 years ago we were better than last year with Diego.

As for Diego himself, I've always had doubts about him. His talent is obvious but talent isn't the only thing that makes a player. But overall I'm genuinely sad he's left because he really seems like a nice, down to earth guy who really wanted to make it in Juventus.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Talk about bargin of the season 15.5mil is a disgrace, considering we brought Pepe & Martinez for similar prices

I can see in 2 years time that he gets sold on for double the price,

Wolfsburg raped our asses 10 times over and well done to them for getting what they want, at the price they wanted and keeping the player we wanted and offered rediculas money for

Marotta your with the big boys now

:shutup:

VladJuve

Jul 9, 2008
Most people don’t understand this transfer .The fact that Diego is no longer our player is entirely his fault. When Wolfsburg pitched their offer for the first time last week, 15 mil, the same offer as now, Marotta turned them down ,considering Diego a valuable player of the team, to valuable to sell him for 15 mil, then he said he would like Dzeko to be a part of the transaction ,or a minimum of 20 mil. When Wolfsburg saw this ,they went to Diego’s father and presented him with an offer of an annual salary of 6 mil euros which Diego accepted. Then Hoeness went to Marotta and showed him in written that Diego wants to go to Wolfsburg . He made the same offer of 15 mil which Marotta accepted , saying that Juventus doesn’t force it’s players to stay with the club .This is just so as we know how much Dieguito wanted to stay with Juventus.
If Marotta wanted so much to get rid of him , why didn’t he do it when he first received the first offer of 15 mil?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)